Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq2 Alloy Wheel Paint.

en8wall69

I've managed to kerb one of my gunmetal grey alloys on my IQ2 today and chipped some of the paint off. Does anyone know if there is a perfect match for the grey paint on the alloys and what paint or code it is? Thanks

Hi Leigh.

My wife lightly kerbed one of the front wheels on my Rav 4 which are in a smokey grey/silver finish.

I ended up giving it to my local dealer for a day and they get local wheel mobile refurb. guys come and sort it out. It looks perfect but cost me £80 to get it sorted...i guess this isn't what you wanted to read.

Regards Mike.

Might go to local Halford/car parts shop and get a touch up brush that matches.

Might be worth asking the Toyota dealer if they do touch up pots, they will for the car colour but the wheels, not so sure. Worth an ask though.

Craig.

When i first got my car the wheels were gouged etc so Toyota sent them away for a refurb and they came back a darker colour

David

But does it match. I have yet to find a perfect match for any car ive owned inc my IQ3. Colin

Hi Leigh.

My local tyre service garage that also gets wheels refurbished using an ouside firm, well they advised me when wheels get refurbished they can come back a different shade so they recommend getting all 4 done.

Of course i am not saying get all 4 done and i just got lucky when i had one of mine done, by the main dealer, the match was perfect but it cost me well....it's your choice if you go for a touch up stick, cheapest option or get it done by a professional and hope the match is 100%.

Good luck, Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the touch up paint on a piece of white card and then place it against the wheel. It will not look exact but will give you a better idea if the colour is too dark/light to match your wheel paint.

If the touch up paint is darker- The option then is to try and add a lighter paint -as required- to the touch up by blending it in. Put the lighter colour on the wheel first, lightly applying the touch up paint over this after it has dried.

If the touch up paint is lighter than your original wheel paint, then apply a darker one first, blending in the lighter touch up paint over the top.

All after preparation of the damaged area and using a lacquer after paint has hardened. Of course, I am not an expert and it may be best to have a look at some You Tube vids. It's a long time since I did things like that, like 1979 - 1982. Yeah, 'That long ago.'

The paint was slightly darker so I've got some silver I'm gonna mix with it to lighten it up a bit.

Hi all

I've found the perfect match for iq2 charcoal alloys. It's Land Rover Zanzibar SILVER 771. See attached picture from eBay. I just bought the cheapest silver touch up I could find to mix with the darker charcoal grey i'd already bought but it was a darker silver and matches brilliantly. ☺☺☺

post-123592-142954246497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links