Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Button Under Key

philjaskew

Just purchased a 2007 verso and im loving it. 2 questions, what does the button do under where the key fob goes. Also any ideas where I would get a spare key?

A picture may help ......

• Like 1

No idea how to add a picture. Its litterally right under where you insert the key fob

Oh! Weird, ours doesn't have that button! :eek:

Looks the the on/off button for front parking sensors?

That sounds like a sensible suggestion. I shall check that out thanks!

Any ideas on the new keys?

Toyota are the easiest place to get a new key programmed and cut.

Some auto locksmiths do them too but they still have to buy the blank key from Toyota.

It's quite pricey, north of £200 IIRC.

I was considering buying one from a breaker and having it reprogrammed. Are they single use?

It's hard to say; You'd have to get a new key blank from like, eBay or something, if you want the emergency key to work, but that's optional since the Verso is normally keyless.

The tricky bit is the remote fob; It has to be the exact right one and there is some variability as to whether it'll work.

For instance, my model of Yaris has three different transponder types: Denso, Valeo and Tokai Rika, and on top of that seems to have some sort of counter; I was able to program the remote central locking, but never got the immobilizer transponder to work. Apparently there is some sort of count that has to be higher (or lower? I forget) than the car's record or the ECU won't take it.

In the end I gave up and cloned the transponder of my working key onto an RFID chip and glued it into the casing :lol:

(Tip: If you do this: DON'T USE GLUE - The fumes get into the contacts of the remote buttons and they stop working after a week or so! :eek: After getting the fob buttons fixed, I ended up blu-tacking the chip :lol:)

The Toyota way is more expensive, but by far the least hassle.

GREENFORD SECURITY CAN SORT THIS OUT, CALL THEM AND TELL DAVID FROM SHB TOLD YOU TO CALL THEM, STEVE IS THE MAN

• Like 1

Hmmmm we dont have that button on our Verso either?

Button is for the parking sensors. Thanks for that suggestion. I will give greenford a call tomorrow. Gave it the full auto glym today looks fantastic. Just need to retro fit roof bars spoiler tow bar hid's new android head unit and reverse camera. Yay!

Sounds great. Get some photos up and show us....HID let me know how you get on with them..