Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking Noise From Rear Of Brand New Aygo

Xpression

I have also experienced the issue with the space saver knocking around. The dealership is supposed to put three foam 'tabs' down for the spare wheel to sit on which they failed to do on my car. I put three bits of foam down which stopped the noise but eventually came back as an annoying metallic clicking noise when the foam flattened. I have now got a large section of foam to line the spare wheel well and, touch wood, it has been quiet ever since. 

So you only had the spare wheel noise and no shock absorber issues? As yours is a 2015 model.

Hi,

I only had mine two months in 2015 but didn’t experience any knocking noise on any road surfaces so don’t think all of them are affected.

Martin

As mentioned earlier in this topic, there was a batch of faulty shock absorbers which produced the knocking. If any car is still fitted with the faulty shock absorbers, they can be replaced under warranty. As the Aygo is built in the same joint venture plant as the C1 and 108, and is effectively the same car, I imagine the sister models produced around the same time were similarly affected.

The other source of knocking may be the spare wheel kit, which, if present (and it isn't in mine) can be solved by using foam or wrapping. Again the C1 and 108 will be similarly affected as they use the same spare wheel kit.

Not really a big issue, more an annoyance if one has it.

Mine was sorted by replacing the shocks under warranty. There were no other rattles, as I checked by removing every single thing from the entire car. It has a puncture repair kit, which doesn't rattle in my car. The new shocks have a newer part number, which is listed above a few pages. 

Drove the car this morning, a real step up from my 12 plate 107 and nothing abnormal could be heard from the rear of the car and this has the inflation kit and no spare. From what I gather on this thread the shocks were knocking from new so fingers crossed it'll be ok. Thanks for the input so far.

I think Toyota had little feedback about this problem because customers who buy the space saver are very rare! People go with the repair kit.

First reason, when I bought my Aygo last year, the space saver did not appear anywhere, either on the accessory list of the website, on brochures, etc. But it was available if you asked the salesman.

Second reason, the space saver is extremely expensive! I needed a spare wheel but the price of this option is dissuasive, I feel I have been robbed.

I've had my 2014 Aygo x-clusiv since late 2014 and have never had any suspension related issues with it.