Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Tow A Caravan With There Auris

Jag XFS

Hi does anybody tow a caravan with there Auris the reason why I ask is my brother has a caravan and cannot get a tow bar for his new Mazda 3 so I have said if he wants me to tow it to his chosen holiday destination so long as its not to far and I can tow it I will

Think an issue may be that the maximum towing capacity of the 1.4D4D is 1000kg. What is the weight of your brother's caravan?

Hi FROSTYBALLS its 1000kg its only a 2 birth he used to tow it behind his 58 plate Mazda 3 1.6 D but there is a problem with the new Mazda 3 tow bar not sure what it is though, thanks for your reply :cheers:

I know that Witter are still developing their tow bar for the latest Mazda 3.

Doesn't it also matter on what trim spec you have

I think that is what the problem is all I got from my brother was that when he went to have his tow bar fitted it was the wrong one

I think the the only ones that can't have a tow bar without cutting something is the SR models due to a lower bumper I believe

yes you can ,i tow a swift corvette caravan with my auris 1.6 sport ,i have fitted spring assisters to the rear coil springs ,and just take it easy ,the hand book will tell you the permited towing weight or just google it

My brother said something about maximum tow bar weight not sure what that is . I am now going to google max towing weight thanks for your help Guys

The drawbar load is 55kg.

I have just been on one of those Caravan sites and you put the model year etc of your car and model of the Caravan in question into there system and it tells you if the combination will work and the result was yes a good match the caravan in question was an Avondale Dart 380.2 many thanks for your help :cheers:

I'd imagine the torsion beam / spring / shocker rear suspension system on the 1.4 would be quite suitable for towing, it seems a stable enough system.

Cost you a bob or two to get the electric plugs wired into the CAN bus system rather than using a bypass system; properly done it does clever things like disabling rear parking sensors, rear fog light and third brake light.