Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Usb Drive Album Cover Art

Dark Matter

I've done it!

Despite the manual inferring it wasn't possible - Cover art is displaying on some albums playing from my USB memory drive

IMAG1113_zps9ihgoe3q.jpg

Not all of them. So I need to establish what's different about the ones that do display the cover art.

YES !!!!

GOT IT !!

you need to embed album art as MP3 metadata tag

use free software mp3tag

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

browse to album folder and Highlight tracks

add cover art from .jpg file in the space indicated and save

Software reports Tags updates

Voila!

Not working for me im afraid

OK somethings not right ... I've just spent an hour or so adding cover art to over 100 albums using the method described above. Just stuck the USB in the Aygo and all cover art is displaying perfectly.

In mP3tag software.....

Make sure you are looking at the music directory on the USB NOT the default one on your pc ( File >change directory)

After you have highlighted the album tracks - Right click on the square with the disc in it and select "add cover"

Browse to a .jpg select open and the square then shows the album cover

Did you remember to save the changes ?

you should get a confirmation message saying x/x tracks updated.

And there is a setting somewhere in set up on the x-touch that says "display cover art. That needs to be checked.

Good Luck

I've done it!

Despite the manual inferring it wasn't possible - Cover art is displaying on some albums playing from my USB memory drive

IMAG1113_zps9ihgoe3q.jpg

Not all of them. So I need to establish what's different about the ones that do display the cover art.

same with me, i get some cover art but not all my mp3 files shows up therefore i used Mp3tag to see if my mp3 file had cover art.

i loaded all my mp3 files on Mp3tag, turns out all my mp3 files had cover art loaded, at this stage i had no idea why it won't load ( I turned on show cover art in config )

then i looked at the size of the cover art, it seems anything larger then 250 x 250 wont load in the car.

so anyone who still cant get cover art to work will need to reside the cover art to 250 x 250.

luckily there is a tool to resize all your mp3 files to 250 x 250 called Sanse Mp3 Art Sizer.

http://hcware.t15.org/mp3art/

same with me, i get some cover art on my mp3 but not all so i used Mp3tag to see whats going on.

i loaded all my mp3 files on Mp3tag, turns out all my mp3 files had cover art already but not sure why it doesn't display ( I turned on show cover art in config )

all the cover art type shows "Front Cover"

If I remember correctly Mp3tag will display a cover art if there is a.jpg in the folder. That image must be EMBEDDED in the metadata for it to workon the -x-touch.

Right click the image , select add cover save the update and see if it updated the tags by embedding the image.

This is one of those things that is really easy to do but quite difficult to explain !

If you use mp3tag to embed the cover art in the mp3s - so long as the images is 300 px x 300 px or smaller it will work. - No such luck on my Mrs's Yaris Icon though - any ideas? from what ive read for some reason your have to have satnav for the covers to display!!!! - whats that all about toyota???

Most of the images I used are greater than 300x300 and they display just fine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links