Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Shocks

high10

Just 5 yrs old and 33,000 miles our Rav 4.3 has failed it's MOT due both rear Shock Absorbers having a "serious" oil leak. In fact ISTR they got an Advisory last year for a slight leak.

Is this a common fault ?

My 2011 Rav4 had both rear shocks replaced under warranty when it was 3 years old. They picked them up on its first MOT as a advisory. I told them at the time, not bothered about advising me about them, I insisted they be changed under warranty immediately and they changed them. Not good for a young car and only 35k on the clock at the time.

If I where you, I would go back to the dealer and inform them, they should have changed them under warranty if you where still inside the 5 year warranty period. If they were advised inside the warranty and where not changed and you are now outside of the warranty, I would go back and argue with them, that they should have changed them.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links