Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pop Ups!

jaxx

im gettin a plauge of pop ups! :ffs:

never had this before as ive always kept check on cookies and stuff but seem to have slipped up now

anyone recommend a free download blocker that will stop the little s :censor: s .......popping up!

TIA

:thumbsup:

log onto windows update and downlad all that is recommended once it has done a check of your OS.

takes a while but it can run in a seperate window while you play on TOC

hmm windows full u'dated

will check daves link

is zonealarm a straight forward search sambo?

hmm windows full u'dated

interesting when was the last time you did it...am finding i am having to update about every two days to keep the pop ups at bay :thumbsup:

i have it set on auto dowload and install so never really touch it

just checked and theres only half a dozen program upgrades which im not bothered about

hhhhhmmm dont know then mate....i have never bothered with things like zone alarm etc but other peeps seem to get on with them ok. i am not getting bothered with the pop ups at the moment but can guarentee they will be back within a week when somebody finds a way around the windows thingie

I've got an MSN toolbar .. and a button "Pop-ups Allowed"/"pop-ups Blocked" .. seems to work a treat ..

You could always popupstopper. As well as the professional version there's also a free one. For spyware I use Spybot - that's a freebee too.

get firefox....what popups?

Your best bet, now that you're infected, is to run through yor Add/Remove progs and delete any dodgey looking stuff.

I have McAfee Virus Scanner installed and this blocks any Ad-Ware programs - and can search and delete them if they do get through! Very good program.

Also make sure you always click 'No' to everthing! Especially on !Removed! sites. Unless its a trusted brand like Microsoft, Macromedia, Adobe, etc... but then thats obvious.

Google toolbar seems to do the job (free). Also Norton Internet Security (£15ish on eBay).

Also worth running SpyBot to make sure no spyware is on your PC. SpyBot is free and effective.

I have something called popswatter which is quite good...

cant remember where it came from though - sorry! :D

search on yahoo for STOP-THE-POP-UP iv'e got it, it's free and it dosn't let any through at all :thumbsup:

these blockers are not that good, as it closes the window, the process is still running, and cant be seen under task manager, after a few days they build up and slow the PC, then you need to reboot the system

running pop stopper now, seems good i aint heard a peep from them!

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

mind you it stopped my PM popup aswell! :D but its customiseable so i can allow certain friendly pops!

i have the google taskbar! - works a treat - AND you just press ctrl to let a popup - come up! ;)

It's one of the good things about AOL B)

But I can't seem to find many other good things about it yet tho... :unsure:

:lol: :P

i used to use pop up stopper, worked very well. at the mo im just using the free google toolbar and mcaffee AV and it works just as well :thumbsup:

I wonder what sites you are visiting for all those popups to be appearing.... mmmmm....... :P

thanks Ian will try spybot too

the main pop up i keep getting is YES car credit! would be worth lookin at if the daft girl wasnt wearing a yellow and green jumptsuit!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links