Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Bumper Damaged

Girl Friday

Hi

I hope someone can help - first time on any kind of forum! My front bumper is damaged through minor shunt and the little vertical plastic parts have all split. I am guessing that means a new bumper and the bonnet is stuck too - doesn't open. Will take to local garage tomorrow but wondering where I can get a replacement bumper from as half the size of the front of the car being an IQ! and what sort of cost I am looking at? has anyone else had to replace the same part? Many thanks

Hello, sorry to hear about your shunt. The bumper is very easy to remove and refit so no big labour charges for that part (about 10 minutes if you have done one before). Unfortunately with your bonnet being stuck it sounds as if there could be more damage behind. It might be just that the slam panel where the bonnet lock in to has got a bit twisted and might be easily straightened. Not sure how much a new bumper is, but second hand one are available with damage, some only light scratches. It might be an option to get one of these and have it resprayed, it might work out cheaper as I bet new bumpers come unpainted so you will have the cost of spraying the new one as well?

Try eBay for bumper and go to a recommended body repairers to assess all the damage done and quote a repair. Good luck

Thanks to both Mark and Lee for replies to my post. I will take it to body repair garage and see what the damage is (both car and pocket!) then look for the second hand bumper if all it needs is that:). Thankfully the car in front had a rubber one and didn't have a mark on it!

If you ran into the rear of someone else I'd just report it to your insurers and let them sort it. Get your car repaired that way too.

The days of rear end damage to a car being £200 are long gone, let alone the driver or one of the passengers suffering some injury. You pay your insurance for a reason - let it protect you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links