Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Fuel Warning

Phil White

On the new model Aygo is there meant to be an audible warning when the fuel gauge drops to the last bar?

There is a warning light which shows when there is approx 5.25 litres or less of fuel remaining in the tank - page 355 of the full owners manual. No audible warning as far as I'm aware.

I presume the fuel gauge will be non-linear, as with other Toyota models.

Ok I was on my way to work this morning when a heard a single beep and the low fuel lamp came on so I guess there is an audible warning as well.

I never let mine get to the last bar tbh, but she does over 300 miles just getting to the second bar.

I've noticed that the new Aygos' bar-gauge for fuel operates differently to the old one, perhaps as a result of the potentially more-accurate distance to empty display on the screen.

As with the older model the bars disappear, and there's an audible beep when on the last bar, but last week I got to the point where the last bar disappeared
completely - I had nothing displayed on the fuel-gauge at all and the DTE display told me I had a cruising range of 6 miles. A refill took 33 litres. The new Aygo also has an orange fuel-warning lamp just to the left of the fuel-gauge.

On previous Aygos, with the last bar flashing, I’ve fitted over 34 litres in plenty of times, so I guess both the bar-graph and DTE display are somewhat conservative by 20 miles or so compared to the older model.

Not being used to this non linear thing really caught me on the hop this fuel gauge. Light but no beep heard but really concerned the first time as I had only 20 miles worth of fuel left, consequently I now never let it get below 2 bars.

The fuel gauge being non-linear is something one gets used to. Other Toyota models (eg Auris, Yaris, IQ) have similar gauges. I've had three Toyotas with similar gauges and non-linearity hasn't been an issue.

For an example of how they work, see.http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157794-auris-133-fuel-bar-fuel-consumption-and-all-that-stuff/