Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lump Under Passenger Side Carpet

kenny1234

I bought a new aygo a few weeks ago, tonight one of my kids sat in passenger seat front and passed comment of a lump in the footwell under the carpet.

After he got out i thought id look and sure enough their is a definate strip running under the carpet that makes a lump and its noticable through the carpet and also car mat.

I called into toyota later in the day and noticed another aygo has same thing although mine does seem worse.

If i push the carpet in the left hand corner nearest the seat in the footwell it feels like theres a hole and the carpets stretched tight across it...obviously their is no hole probably cable run giving the impression by holding the carpet slightly off the floor - but i wondered what it is?..

toyota was unsure and wanted to book my car in - they said they will look at the one on the forecourt with same thing and get back to me but im intruiged now.

Anyone?

I've not notice that but I'l look tonight... the fact I've only ever had one passenger for 5 minutes since I got the car means I've not really paid much attention to the passenger side!

On a similar note . My drivers carpet keeps curling up and getting caught on the edge of the clutch pedal . The dealer fitted them so I'll have to see why it wont lay flat.

I've not notice that but I'l look tonight... the fact I've only ever had one passenger for 5 minutes since I got the car means I've not really paid much attention to the passenger side!

On a similar note . My drivers carpet keeps curling up and getting caught on the edge of the clutch pedal . The dealer fitted them so I'll have to see why it wont lay flat.

Did you get chance to check this out ?

Yes - there is a bit of a lump there. But I wouldn't have noticed it unless you pointed it out.

There seems to be something similar under my clutch pedal causing the carpet to catch on the clutch pedal; because it doesn't lay flat. I took it out last hight, pushed the carpet down underneath, and refitted it and it seemed OK this morning.

If it happens again I'll get busy with a bit of Velcro. mats were a freebie but if it still get worse I'll play the "dangerous , may cause an accident " card and try to get them replaced.

The actual carpet is the thinnest. cheapest material I have ever seen in a car - not exactly plush shag pile Axminster - so it will hardly be able to absorb anything underneath on the floorpan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links