Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag Ecu

Peggie

The airbag light in my 2004 Yaris came on and I've had a large Toyota dealer look at it - they want to order the ECU from somewhere, possibly Japan as they say, and will charge £400 to replace it.

My local chappie says I can get an airbag ECU from a breaker for about £40.

Where do I go to find an ECU that hasn't been triggered? How can I know it hasn't been triggered?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

If it is definitely the Airbag ECU at fault and if it were me personally, I'd be very reluctant to take a chance with such a thing to be honest...

Thanks, Colin.

I note that Rob wrote, on August 8th '13, he had the same problem and managed to even do the swap job himself. I'm not sure I'd take it upon myself to do that but I would just like to know if anyone knows where these breakers are and from where they get the parts. How do you know, when you buy a part, that it's OK?

I've looked online but the amount of info is overwhelming - everything other than what I need seems to come up - and I don't know any breakers so no luck so far.

I hope someone has some idea where to turn.

Thanks.