Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Buy My First Celica :)

chris1811

Hi all,

Noobie here from Leicestershire looking to potentially buy my first celica. Always had a soft spot for these cars, especially the 2.0 GT :)

Currently got my on a GT 2.0 170 - Cars covered 140k and has pretty tidy bodywork for a car of its age. Is this something to worry about?

Just wanted to ask what to look out for when I see it?

Seller say that the clutch thrust bearing is making a little noise but does not effect performance of car however could do with being replaced.

I pushed a little more and found out that apparently it sometimes slips at high revs if been driven for a long period time. Apparently he was quoted £200 for parts + labour on top. Any truth in this??

Any help would be great guys and i don't want to get stuck with a money pit.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Phone around and see what it costs for a new clutch kit fitted. Then decide how much hassle factor it would be for you to get one fitted, and the risk factor if it turns out not to be the clutch. Take those amounts off the car's proper value (not necessarily what the guy's asking for it), and that's what the car's worth to you.

Or get him to do the clutch kit (make sure it's the whole kit, not just the plate and lubricating the bearing) then buy the car at the proper value.

Personally, I'd take at least £500 off for a clutch and the hassle, and that's only if I really really liked the car. Or I'd wait on the next one.

Hi chap, found clutch kits on eurocarparts quite cheap.

Assuming that's the correct set. Looking at 93 quid at the moment. I can fit myself that's no issue.

I've been looking around and found a few others but it's all down to budget at the end of the day.

What are these motors like for under body rust etc???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links