Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy For 06 Avensis, Fitting

tommytee

Hi

I recently picked up a 2006 avensis with r16 wheels (with hub caps - yuk! ) and want to throw a set of alloys onto car

Question: can I fit the r17 versions instead of r16? Just wondering if there was any difference in the stud layout\diameter. Any other reason not to fit r17 ? Apart from the cost of three ;-)

Thanks

T

I'm guessing that your car doesn't have the 2.2. D4D engine? The 2.2 wheel PCD is 5x114.3, all the rest were 5x100. Offsets are the same across all engines.

Assuming that you retain the same rolling radius it won't ride quite as well on the lower profile rubber but may handle slightly better.

The change in wheels/tyres is probably a notifiable modification for your insurer & may alter your premium.

its only a 1.6 petrol, i'll stay with the R16, 5x 100, do you know if there is any lenght issue between the studs, someone mentioned that there were and to check it the studs are long enough for the alloys

thanks

I think that person was possibly referring to offset?

1 other thing, Toyota oem alloys have a flat seat whereas many 3rd party alloys have a conical seat so you may have to change nuts.

Changing to any other pattern of wheel may be considered as a modification by an insurance company even if it matches in all specs. the originals - even if replacing 1 set of Avensis alloys with those from another trim level.

• Like 1

I took front wheel off and looking at length of studs there are too short for the alloys (oem avensis alloys), I reckon the nut will only go in about 6mm on them- wayyyyy to little

Do other avensis (T25) use studs like in photo above and if so any idea as the the lenght of the visible stud?

avensis-front.jpg

they look normal to me,you will need to change the nuts as the alloy ones are different. can you borrow a alloy to try?

11110974_10202824732257789_2713236505477

will do, I'll get photo of wheel on car

toyota alloy wheel nuts look like these (which are not genuine oem) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Celica-MR2-Avensis-Corolla-Aygo-Alloy-Wheel-Nuts-x-4-Flat-Seat-/331189562745

You can't use the steel wheel nuts on alloys long term.

@Heidfirst, measured up and once i have the correct toyota nuts I'll be sorted, would you reccommend using non oem nuts?

otherwise I guess its a trip to a Toyota dealer where I'll probably end up paying as must for the 'toyota' nuts as the 2nd hand wheels ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links