Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autoexpress - Most Reliable Cars

Auto Express Driver Power 2015 results are in. With an equal reliability score of 98.81%, the Toyota iQ MkI is first and the Lexus NX MkI listed second, I think we have a rather unique car.

See the link below for more.

AutoExpress

Thanks Bob, that's great to read! What a shame Toyota so recently withdrew the product that is now making headlines in Auto Express magazine.

It's a 'final hurrah' for our excellent little cars.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

It's great isn't it? The top Toyota is one they're getting rid of, yet the much loved (by Toyota UK) Aygo is in 66th place.

And my Prius which was in first or second place in this RELIABILITY survey for a few years is now in 24 th place.

IQ: 1st

Rav4 MK4: 7th

Prius MK3: 24th

Yaris: 26th

Auris MK2: 28th

Avensis: 47th

Rav4 MK3: 48th

Verso MK1: 49th

Prius MK2: 63rd

Aygo: 66th

GT86: 79th

Auris MK1: 86th

Out of 100.

Pathetic. Toyota used to be renowned for their reliability and ease of ownership, yet these figures don't appear to reflect that any more. Yet only 5 years ago most Toyota models were always highly rated. I'm sure the Toyota dealers and fan boys will dismiss this survey, yet were only too happy to accept it when the results were positive.

I'd agree with that rating as mine has left me stranded at the road side 3 times! The ONLY other car to leave me stranded before was a Rover 214. Even my 300k mile Peugeot 406 diesel taxi never left me stranded.

Toyota, sort your reliabilty out - it's why most people bought your cars!

Think problems with the Auto Express survey include that for cars which were placed between 100 and 200, is due to the fact they didn't get enough responses for that model - which includes cars which would have sold in quite high numbers (eg the VW Polo Mk5 and Nissan Qashqai Mk1 [both top 10 best sellers in the UK for 2013 and 2014]).

Yet the cars they didn't get enough responses for are included in the separate categories like reliability, etc.

If they didn't get enough responses to rank cars, it would have been more accurate not to rank them at all - and just have their top 100.

You also have cars in the top 100 like the MG6 - which has sold 393 between it's launch and 2014.

• Like 1

Toyotas were reliable. The latest ones are not, or at least it appears the locally built ones. Shame.

Toyotas were reliable. The latest ones are not, or at least it appears the locally built ones. Shame.

Well that's not how the figures stack up to be honest, warranty repairs over the last 3 years are down 50% The product has never been more reliable on the whole. Toyota have really upped their game over quality and reliability since the pedal recall era. Akio Toyoda admitted they had taken their eye off the ball to get to number one for world wide sales, that situation has been addressed and continues to improve

• Like 1

Based on a survey which by their own admission, is flawed by including cars they haven't received sufficient responses on?

In the Which? Car survey 2014, in the

1. Supermini class the Yaris Hybrid and Yaris scored 98% for reliability and were placed 4th and 5th respectively in this category

2. Medium class the second generation Auris and Auris Hybrid scored 99% and 98% for reliability, and were placed 1st and 2nd respectively in this category

3. Large class the Prius (2009 on) scored 96% for reliability and came 5th in this category

4. MPV class the Verso scored 98% for reliability and came 1st in this category

5. 4X4/SUV class the Rav4 scored 98% for reliability and came 2nd in this category.

Of the above cars, only the Prius and Rav4 are built in Japan - the Auris is built in the UK, the Yaris in France, and the Verso in Turkey.

Well, even though our iQ is getting on a bit now, I am still happy to see news like that, even if it is only those replying to the Auto Express Driver Power Survey. After all, the survey is from 61,000 respondents. I am even more pleased to see other Toyota's on that list too. Let's face it, no car is perfect, and I think many on this forum have established it has issues. Overall, I would rather have this than any other car at the moment. Mostly down to expense, otherwise I would have a BMW i3 REX.

post-113536-0-83918200-1430155593_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links