Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres And Wheels

Sinsley

Hello all,

I'm new to the Toyota scene and have recently bought myself a 2001 7th Gen Celica. Great car and I've been loving the 'tightness' of the driving position compared to other cars I've owned, no innuendo intended!

I'm looking for some new tyres and wheels for a first upgrade on the car; can anyone suggest some decent all-purpose tyres and decent wheels? My budget lies within the 'bang for your buck' category!

Many thanks,

Sinsley

Hello Mike,

These look decent, but expensive! I suppose something worth saving for perhaps!

Cheers, Sam

Don't buy cheap budget tyres, the gen 7 doesn't like them, you'll have nothing but trouble with them and end up changing them costing you more in the long run, quite a few over on another forum have had issues with cheap tyres.

Check out camskill for cheap tyres, then add around £10 per tyre to get them fitted and balanced, usually cheaper than buying from your local garage.

Brilliant cheers, Colin! I'll check out the website!

Does anyone happen to know of any decent lightweight alloys which they would recommend?

Thanks

Sam

I quite like Conti PremiumContacts. (Might be SportContacts for your car!)

Alloys-wise, most affordable alloys are made for looks rather than weight-savings and they all tend to be pretty similar there. It's not 'til you start looking at expensive forged allys that you get any useful weight-savings, but they are mega asspensive. (I once visited PaulT and he was showing off the Rays Engineering alloys he'd just received; I swear one of my alloys weighed almost as much as two of those :lol: However IIRC they were something like £500 a rim :eek:)

IMHO save the money; Keep the Celica alloys and maybe spend a bit more on better tyres :naughty:

Lightweight alloys don't come cheap, you'd be looking for something like OZ, Enkei, Ultralite, Rota, there are a few others out there that make lightweight wheels, these are on the cheaper side, other than that you want to be looking at the likes of Rays, but then the prices go way up.

I have had my GT for five and a half years and I like the tech 5 wheels that are on it, it has take me this long to find a set of wheels I like that are lightweight, and in a colour that wasn't black.

Just waiting for them to turn up.

Brilliant cheers, Colin! I'll check out the website!

Does anyone happen to know of any decent lightweight alloys which they would recommend?

Thanks

Sam

The cheapest light-weight rim I'm aware of Sam, is the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2

Here's a set on eBay that would fit a Gen 7, however the tyre size on them is too small, and you will need spigot rings to reduce the Centre Bore to 54.1, and new tapered wheel nuts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/team-dymamics-alloy-wheels-pro-race-1-2s-/131501839074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9e1ed2e2

Thanks Cyker, I will bare that in mind! I am quite leaning towards the idea of saving the 7th gen wheels for the meanwhile and spending the money on lowering the car and some new tyres.

Arrow and Armouredfist, thanks for the help, I love some of the OZ wheels! Since my car is red I was thinking of just painting the stock 7th Gen wheels Sports Bronze, not sure how it will look on them though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links