Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Questions - All Around The Tns510

dr nick riviera

I collected my second hand iQ today, and love it. Its an iQ2 with the TNS510 in it.

I cant get it to work properly with my iPhone 5 - through a cable into the usb socket, and the previous owner had bluetoothed his phone up. So, I stuck a USB stick in with mp3's on it, but that didn't work either.

My questions are:

Can I get it to work with an iPhone 5s

Can I reset the unit to new, so I can do a fresh set up on it

Can I replace with a new aftermarket unit

Or, is it is what it is?

Any help, much appreciated.

You can pair your phone via bluetooth, however a special cable setup is required to plug an Apple device in, the front USB is not Apple compatible.

If you disconnect the Battery or unplug the unit this will reset it, before you do though remove the SD containing the boot & map software. If you don't have the SD don't power it down otherwise you will not be able to reboot it.

Any double din sized head unit can fit but you will need a harness adapter for the radio and steering controls

• Like 1

More info

The 2 cables that you can buy from Toyota are £75 from the back of the tns510 to a new socket in the centre consul, then another cable £35 to the phone. The problem is the second cable is bespoke for the job and is 30 pin only so only works up to the 4S. A 30 pin - lightning adaptor doesnt work. So 2 things. The USB socket does not charge the iPhone ( you will have to fit a usb charger in the Aux socket) and yes you can bluetooth to it but has very limited track info. Also its picky on the file structure when using a USB stick

David

• Like 1

Thanks so much David and Lee, really helpful, I'm going to get a replacement for it I think, as the cost of the cables is about half way to a double din one I've seen.

The TNs510 and 350 sell well on eBay should you wish to out it

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links