Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remapping

stuartmarley14

I am considering remapping my 2.2 D4D, has anyone else done this and is it worth it? I'm expecting similar results as the 2.2 T180 D-CAT seeing as it's basically the same unit.

I have been looking at this to on a 2.0 d4d but I've seen some reports that some of the ecu's can't be remapped so would like to see what is said to. If the ecu can't be remapped will tuning chips work

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Just for clarification, as far as we know it is not possible to remap the Denso ECU (albeit at least 1 company says that they think that they can but so far no proof). You can, however, fit a "chip tuning" box to it which is what I imagine that you mean?

The 150bhp unit is not exactly the same as the T180, different injectors, different compression ratio etc.

You should be able to get ~180-190bhp out of the 150bhp with a chip tuning box though.

Apologies, yes I meant a tuning box, might give it a try then, thanks.

• 1 year later...

mines pulls great torque but would like to try a proven chip tune box for first time

as I have always had an ecu on road remap before with great results

however my engine doesn't seem to be listed on the kingo site drop down menu

1cd ftv .  53 reg

boo

Dtuk do a box for the 1cd-ftv..the 116bhphone version is brought upto 136>bhp.nice smooth delivery in it.

• Like 1

ta

defo look back to dtuk prob after Christmas

may be worth a punt at 350 if I get back into it and look for some testimonials

if its smooth it may not be a DMF killer

You can now get the 2.0 and 2.2 remapped ... there's only one company so far that can do them from what I've found as the owner has an Auris. 

Mapped the 2.2 to 215bhp and 475nm.

I went from a tuning box to a map completely different so much better afterwards. 

• Like 2

I'd stay away from the cheaper boxes.dtuk seem to be 1 of the best on the market.I'd 1 in my vectra standard 150bhp box then give it 206bhp.that was crazy fun but I was booting it all the time and the engine,egr and dmf couldn't handle me pushing it hard all the time.if you get 1 use it wisely and not with a lead foot all the time as you will quickly get used to it and won't find it to be as fast as it was when you first used it.and probably bust something. 

Get a proper box if you go down the tuning box route I.e dtuk, bluespark automotive, tdi-tuning. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links