Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'13 Auris 1.6 V-Matic Rattle, Bump And More.

Bobbyaro

Hello all, sorry for my first post being a query, but I hope someone can help me.

I have a '13 reg 1.6 vmatic Auris, it has done ~16000 miles and has developed some bumps and rattles, I am really not car minded so I have no idea if they are related, but they came up over a short period of time.

Upon starting in the morning, I take a right turn from a T-junction accelerating to ~30mph. When I accelerate I hear a clunk from the front of the car, as I straighten out, and decrease acceleration, there is a series of clunks (~4). These are sufficient to be felt through the accelerator. I only occasionally encounter this on other occasions, but I have heard it when accelerating in a 'straight' line, and also when going over a pot-hole.
There are also a number of other clunks, bumps and rattles; these often seem to come from the rear of the car. No idea if they are related, but they most commonly occur on speed hump/pothole.

The car has been in to Toyota for investigation 3 times:

1) Nov 14 - there was a bump which occurred from drive to neutral, this was diagnosed as an engine mount, the top two were changed, the noise went away.

2) Feb 15 - it went in for the above, but they couldn't find anything, they fixed a loose exhaust cover

3) Apr 15 - for the above again, they fixed a shock absorber and changed the lower two engine mounts.

None of the above has fixed the noise(s) I can hear!

I have managed to record the main noise; it was recorded on my phone, so not great quality (headphones required really), but:

@ 19s I apply the accelerator and you hear two clunks, one as the brake is released, then a second as force is applied, I then turn right and back off the accelerator @ 21s and you hear the clunks again, but louder.

Thanks for reading, if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!

Bobby

AurisClunk.mp3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links