Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question Regarding Stereo Connections

DanKeeneOBE

Hi guys, hope you can help, at least to avoid a trip to the storage depot for no reason at all.

I previously drove a 2013 Toyota Auris, which I sold on a few weeks ago, for financial reasons. I that vehicle, I had an aftermarket stereo fitted, as my original stereo didn't have bluetooth connectivity. I put the original stereo from the car into storage, and totally forgot about it.

Yesterday I bought a 2002 Toyota Avensis, to get my by until I have enough money to buy an more modern car again. It cost my £400 on eBay. The stereo in the Avensis doesn't work at all, all the fuses have been checked, it just doesn't work at all.

My question is this, have the connectors changed between these two vehicles, or would I be able to fit the original stereo from the 2013 Auris into the 2002 Avensis to save myself a bit more cash, and avoid having to buy an aftermarket stereo which frankly would probably end up being worth more than the car anyways?

Cheers in advance.

Dan

So long as the stereo has the Autoleads PC2-17-4 Toyota to ISO harness, it should plug in with no issues.

Here are the links from the Autoleads site which you can compare the two.

http://productfinder.autoleads.co.uk/products.aspx?m=TOYOTA&f=AVENSIS&id=9274&PIDs=320893,139080,139066,138924,139171,138919,138922,320892

http://productfinder.autoleads.co.uk/products.aspx?m=TOYOTA&f=AURIS&id=9260&PIDs=320773,138870,138857,138858,138856,138864,138859,138862,320772

Toyota have not changed the audio plugs much over the years. Even my 1998 Avensis has the same Autoleads cable to connect my bluetooth system.

The only obvious thing missing is the steering control, but there is an adapter for that too.

• Like 1

Brilliant, thanks for that info, do I need adapters even though it's an Original Toyota stereo into an older Toyota? Or is that to fit an aftermarket one?

The adapter cables are for the aftermarket stereos which tend to come with ISO connections.

What you will need to think about is the unit fitting. If the unit can fit in the dashboard then it will be plug and play.

What models are the audio systems you are thinking of installing? Some TNSxxxx have extra connections.

As you can see in the above thread, this whole thing has become a lot bigger of a problem than I first thought

Dan you have 2 threads on the same thing - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/167471-problems-at-every-turn-with-stereo-choices-02-avensis-vermont/

Lets just use one to answer your query.

Car audio is not too difficult and anything is possible. The only thing you don't need to do these days is cut wires and then crimp. There are adapter cables for just about everything.

The TNS510 is more advanced and you will loose some of the functions like SATNAV and reverse cam. The aerial needs an adapter.

Konrad