Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Fuse Problem Or Worse?

Juststu1712

Hi guys,

New to forum looking for help. Have recently had problems with my aygo. The Battery died and was looking for a jump start. Friend helped but instead of placing the negative on a piece of metal put it on my dead Battery terminal and blew the Battery. Brought a new battery to replace however car still would not start. Opened up the steering wheel fuse box and found a faulty fuse second from bottom on left (blue) so replaced it. Car now starts however speedometer, radio, ac, windows and locking still do not work. Lights, indicators and hazards do work. I have checked the other fuses and none are faulty as far as I can tell. My plan is to replace all the fuses just in case. Does this seem the correct course of action? Being a novice at this I wonder if a fuse is faulty even though they look ok? Or is there something else I need to check to do with the systems that aren't working. Thank you

Hi Stuart.

First of all welcome to the forum, i hope you find it useful and friendly.

With the greatest of respect to you and reading between the lines so to speak of what you have written i suggest you get a 2nd opinion about your car.

Are you a member of the AA or any other recovery service or perhaps take your car to a garage for an assesment as i feel you may have a problem with your car and possibly something you may need help with.

Keep us posted on how things go as once you have a professional opinion about your problem it will be easier for someone on here to give advise.

Regards Mike.

Have a look in your handbook it may have another fuse box, I'll have a look in the Aygo Haynes manual later :)

No need to go over the top and get advice from a garage ! Had a look in the Haynes manual the items you list as not working are to do with fuse F9 10A, left hand side of speedo second one down from the top....

Covers ...rear lights,c/locking,e/windows,heated rear window,speedo,air/con,heater and rev counter .

Also note......second fuse board in plastic box behind Battery that could be your place to look :)

Thanks man, yeah I have looked at both fuse boxes today and have even brought and changed the fuses that control the systems and still no joy :( For me it seems like it must be an electrical problem as it is those certain things that aren't working. Looking in the manual there is a fuse that controls all the problems I'm having but that hasn't sorted it. Dunno if a different component has blown or the wiring has gone.

No need to go over the top and get advice from a garage ! Had a look in the Haynes manual the items you list as not working are to do with fuse F9 10A, left hand side of speedo second one down from the top....

Covers ...rear lights,c/locking,e/windows,heated rear window,speedo,air/con,heater and rev counter .

yeah thats one that I have changed as well as the others for safe measure but still no joy

yeah thats one that I have changed as well as the others for safe measure but still no joy

That's bad luck....fuse box behind Battery says F7 15A also cover speedo.

ok I'll look at replacing that as well then. Didn't replace any behind the Battery as they all looked ok. Gonna try and get it to a garage tomorrow and see what they say :(

Thanks for the help :) really appreciate it

• 11 months later...

Hi there I have the same issue what was the fault cause by and what had to be replaced?

Thanks

Gary