Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Of Europe

@colin__walker

Hi

On my customer portal I now have a Map Update showing 'Map of Europe', however it says its for a Touch and Go 2, I have a Touch and Go 2 Plus.

Would this explain why the software version listed do not match the current system details of my Prius Plus which has 4.3.0H Map ID 2014 V2 and is there an update coming soon for the Touch and Go Plus.

Thanks for your help.

not sure about differences re T&G 2+, but I got this from toyota about map updates:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/160853-touch-go-map-version-euh20131022/?p=1372807

Oh well, so much for April...

My car was 3 years old on 31st March, so I expect the next update will be chargeable. Will be interesting to see how much it is!

I used to keep an old TomTom as a backup, and used it on longer journeys because of the ability to save regularly used journeys and its neater treatment of way points.

The maps on this are way better that Toyota's, and I recently got an offer to update them every 3 months for £20 for a year. A new stretch of the A11 near Thetford that opened just before Christmas 2014 was correctly on the map from about February this year (also a remarkable improvement of earlier TomTom performance).

It is quite conveniently mounted on an adhesive disc placed on the dash just in front of the steering wheel, where it does not obscure any view, is just below the Head Up Display and to the right of the main speedo.

The TomTom has now been donated to a friend as I've bought the latest GO 6000, at a bargain £200 instead of £300 thanks to a 30% discount offer from Staples. It comes with a built in mobile phone (data part only) and has free traffic info for life (Europe wide) with no connection charges for life. Also, free 3 monthly map updates (via PC) for life. The latest magnetic mount, with power connected via the mount, is very convenient.

I'm so impressed with it; the traffic is the most reliable I've seen, and covers more minor routes than the RDS-TMC traffic of the Toyota. It's the first one I trust enough to let it automatically re-route me (but I still keep an eye on it!).

I've managed to get the the Touch Go Plus to V4.4.1

After speaking to the dealer where I bought the car and they said they would need. 2 days to do the upgrade as it's always a bit tricky.

I tried various scenarios and the most reliable was to download the update file a whopping 6.4 GB and then extract the .zip file directly onto a USB stick. If I copied or dragged and dropped the update wouldn't work...

I've not noticed any system differences but will update on any other major change when noticed.

I am more interested in the UK updates for Toyota T & G not Europe maps. I have decided to wait until the car is a year old and then update. The update process seems quite involved and I am not looking forward to doing it.

If anybody knows if there was an update that involves the UK since last August please please let me know.

In our town some roundabouts have been replaced by traffic lights this was done well over a year ago but my current T& G does not recognise this or many other road changes in the UK.

I am more interested in the UK updates for Toyota T & G not Europe maps. I have decided to wait until the car is a year old and then update. The update process seems quite involved and I am not looking forward to doing it.

If anybody knows if there was an update that involves the UK since last August please please let me know.

In our town some roundabouts have been replaced by traffic lights this was done well over a year ago but my current T& G does not recognise this or many other road changes in the UK.

Touch & Go contains a European map the updates are cumulative and not released for individual countries, if there are any changes the new maps will be included along with the latest operating software which is 4.4.1 L or H depending on if you have Go (L for Low version ) or Go +/Pro ( H for High version )

Thanks Devon Aygo. Looks like I need to get the update done. I have the T& G +. Not looking forward to doing as it seems so involved!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just updated my Auris Hybrid to 4.4.1L. No dramas to report. Takes about 20 minutes to load software onto USB stick but update only took 5-10mins. £109 incl VAT.

I'm hoping it stops trying to send me down single track roads when yes, it might be the fastest or shortest route, but its ruddy hairy if you meet something coming the other way (its not faster then). I wish it had an option to keep to A and B roads.

"£109 incl VAT"

Makes my 6" screen TomTom with lifetime traffic and four map updates a year for £95 look like a bargain

I've also just updated mine to 4.4.1L and he omitted to mention that that £109 =ALSO= buys you a lifetime subscription so, given that the TomTom is not fitted and blended in to the interior, personally I don't call a £14 difference "look like a bargain"...

• Like 1

I've also just updated mine to 4.4.1L and he omitted to mention that that £109 =ALSO= buys you a lifetime subscription so, given that the TomTom is not fitted and blended in to the interior, personally I don't call a £14 difference "look like a bargain"...

Now that makes it more appealing that its lifetime. I assume its specific just for that vehicle / head unit you have and can't be taken to another Prius should you change vehicles due to the car being written off etc?

It's only appealing if Toyota up their game with the quality of their maps - their latest update available is dated October 2013, and it wasn't very accurate for that time.

WHEN they finally issue the next update, which Toyota Customer Services assured me would be dated October 2014 and issued in April (last month!), it will be interesting to see if it includes recent new roads like the A11 upgrade near Thetford which was on the TomTom quarterly update within 3 months of it opening.

I'm afraid, as I said above, I've completely stopped using the built in Touch&Go+ SatNav since getting the latest TomTom 6000. Yes the built in one is convenient, but the magnetic, powered mount on the TomTom is so easy and is in a great position on the Prius, above the steering wheel and below the Head up Display, without obscuring any outside view. Snap it in, it turns on, snap it out or turn the car off, it turns off.

The quality of the traffic data it gets from the mobile phone network has to be experienced to be believed. It makes the RDS-TMC traffic on the Toyota system look so last century.

Now that makes it more appealing that its lifetime. I assume its specific just for that vehicle / head unit you have and can't be taken to another Prius should you change vehicles due to the car being written off etc?

It appears to be linked not just to the vehicle but to the owner's account (with Toyota EU) also. Not sure what would happen for a change of ownership but I'll try and find out...

• Like 1

It appears to be linked not just to the vehicle but to the owner's account (with Toyota EU) also. Not sure what would happen for a change of ownership but I'll try and find out...
Interesting, might get away with the same update for our Prius and Yaris with Touch and go 2 fitted?

It's only appealing if Toyota up their game with the quality of their maps - their latest update available is dated October 2013, and it wasn't very accurate for that time.

WHEN they finally issue the next update, which Toyota Customer Services assured me would be dated October 2014 and issued in April (last month!), it will be interesting to see if it includes recent new roads like the A11 upgrade near Thetford which was on the TomTom quarterly update within 3 months of it opening.

I'm afraid, as I said above, I've completely stopped using the built in Touch&Go+ SatNav since getting the latest TomTom 6000. Yes the built in one is convenient, but the magnetic, powered mount on the TomTom is so easy and is in a great position on the Prius, above the steering wheel and below the Head up Display, without obscuring any outside view. Snap it in, it turns on, snap it out or turn the car off, it turns off.

The quality of the traffic data it gets from the mobile phone network has to be experienced to be believed. It makes the RDS-TMC traffic on the Toyota system look so last century.

I completely take on board your main assertions Pete of course and it is a "battle" I am currently trying to "fight" with Toyota both at the GB & EU level!

They need to get their collective heads out of the sand over this issue as such things like the quality of a Nav unit these days, are just one of many factors that may affect the purchase decision for a customer contemplating a new car purchase.

After buying the latest update, I started to dig around in the files on the USB stick (bit of a computer nerd...) and to my horror, I spotted these contents in the dbver.pinfo in the ...\\content\ folder...

TEMCY13FEUL;HMFEU2013Q4;20140826

This is now on a head unit which optimistically reports a map version of "2104V3" for the 4.4.1L update which actually didn't become available to customers until the 30th April 2015!! Even if you go by the later date in that file (26th August 2014), the maps are already 8 full months out of date when we get them! Not good enough in my opinion. Especially not for a Unit costing £750 new.

C.S. at Toyota GB are also attempting to find out just what a "lifetime subscription" actually means and whether it applies to the owner or the car... Watch this space...

I agree with you about TomTom also. I also own a GO940 Live unit which is a bit old now but it also has the excellent built in mobile phone data module and its own SIM card which does give excellent Traffic info but I couldn't justify the £75/year or so that they wanted to keep it active. Now that TomTom are selling units with free lifetime updates, I may have to reconsider my position in regard to add-on Nav units for the future...

t appears to be linked not just to the vehicle but to the owner's account (with Toyota EU) also. Not sure what would happen for a change of ownership but I'll try and find out...
Interesting, might get away with the same update for our Prius and Yaris with Touch and go 2 fitted?

I presume you mean Touch 2 with Go? (Toyota changed the terminology with the latest units and no longer call it Touch & Go "x")

It's a similar story with the original Touch & Go (+). The last update is euh20131022 - i.e. dated is 23rd October 2013. This appeared in parts of Europe in February 2014 but not in the UK until around July 2014. Toyota UK claim that the additional delay was due to "additional testing" for the UK ... :ermm:

For a system that on + is meant to get 2 updates a year it is not good enough.

Completely agree but I do wish existing customers would get on the phone and complain vociferously about this and more regularly to apply some consumer pressure in order to get them to change because nothing will unless that happens...

t appears to be linked not just to the vehicle but to the owner's account (with Toyota EU) also. Not sure what would happen for a change of ownership but I'll try and find out...

I presume you mean Touch 2 with Go? (Toyota changed the terminology with the latest units and no longer call it Touch & Go "x")
Thats the one, the latest all singing all dancing unit fitted to the Yaris and my PiP.

Completely agree but I do wish existing customers would get on the phone and complain vociferously about this and more regularly to apply some consumer pressure in order to get them to change because nothing will unless that happens...

10 years ago I would have agreed with you, but I'm sad to say my confidence in Toyota CS' ability to make sure the right decision makers in Toyota get these messages is (much!) less than zero!

Well, my conversation with C.S. this morning had at least a good outcome...

Dear Mr Nowell
Thank you for your telephone conversation earlier today.
I am sorry that you are unhappy with the schedule for updating the maps in your car. As we discussed, I have passed your feedback to our Product Marketing Department and this will be taken into account for the future.
I have also enclosed below a voucher which can be redeemed against the cost of your next map update, as a gesture of goodwill, which can be used at any Toyota Centre.
I have looked into your question regarding the lifetime subscription but regrettably, the contact I require is on annual leave until 1 June. Please be assured that I will be back in contact with you upon his return.
In the meantime, I would like to again thank you for taking the time to contact us, and for your valued feedback. Your loyalty and continued custom is very important to us.
Yours sincerely
Matthew Butler
Toyota Customer Relations
(attached was a voucher valid for the next 2 years)
:clap:

How much was the voucher for out of interest?

Without reprinting it here, it is not for any specific monetary amount. Rather it is linked to me by name, a case number and my car's registration and VIN. It concludes with this...

The voucher can be redeemed at any Authorised Toyota Centre against the cost of a map update.

Issued by Toyota (GB) PLC Customer Relations. Valid for two years at any Toyota Centre from 26 May 2015.
For internal use only :
Centre Invoice Instruction
Please submit this voucher for payment with accompanying invoice via the Central Warranty System

I got one for £50 over their bungled attempt to advise when the next T&G+ update was due.

Improving their performance would be vastly preferable!

I got one for £50 over their bungled attempt to advise when the next T&G+ update was due.

apparently EUH20150217 is showing in Europe, we'll have to see how long it takes to show up for download in the UK ...