Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Filter Removal Tool

frankie406

Anyone know what type of filter removal tool needed for the avensis 2.0d4d 1cd-ftv engine oil filter? (2006).

I have looked at images of the filter type and location, and any standard filter removal tool can be used, or if you are lucky just use your hand.

Cheers konrad.the oil filter is large and can't get my hand round it. its tight to the engine body.just stuck a screw driver through it in the end but would like the proper tool.

These days I often use latex disposal gloves, especially for oil changes on my 2004 D4D. I hav'nt used a oil wrench on my car for many years. If you have access to these gloves, just clean the outside of the oil filter and try turning it by hand. The rubber gives you an awful lot of grip. If some gorilla has replaced the filter in the past, get hold of an old leather belt and loop it around the filter and pull on the slack end.

The important thing is when you replace the oil filter use a pair of latex gloves and don't overtighten. It'll pay dividends the next time you replace your oil.

• Like 2

I have a few oil filter removal tools. One from Machine Mart others from other sources.

post-76861-0-55010900-1430829934_thumb.j

Never had to use them much on my own car, but handy for other cars where the filter needs force.

For the later cartridge insert type, I have a suitable spanner/socket.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links