Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Left Hand Indicator

Goforgold

Can anyone help me please? The back left indicator stopped working properly and started working intermittently. We got the bulb out (not an easy task I have to say!), and cleaned it well but it has suddenly started working intermittenly again.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem. Everyone else is working fine.

Can anyone help me please? The back left indicator stopped working properly and started working intermittently. We got the bulb out (not an easy task I have to say!), and cleaned it well but it has suddenly started working intermittenly again.

Is it just the rear indicator or is the front one also playing up ? I ask as its common for the indicator switch to fail.

Hi Marion and first of all welcome to the club. I see we are neighbours county-wise.

Was the bulb dirty? How about the bulb holder and the contact(s) inside it, did you feel slight resistance on replacing the bulb in the holder and did it fit snugly?

Del

Is it just the rear indicator or is the front one also playing up ? I ask as its common for the indicator switch to fail.

Sorry, I did reply to you via my smartphone, but now looking at the website on my PC, I can't see my reply.

It is only the back left indicator that has the problem. Thanks.

Hi Marion and first of all welcome to the club. I see we are neighbours county-wise.

Was the bulb dirty? How about the bulb holder and the contact(s) inside it, did you feel slight resistance on replacing the bulb in the holder and did it fit snugly?

Del

Hi Del,

Yes we are next door neighbours !! Thank you for the welcome too.

The bulb wasn't dirty, but we gave it a good clean and the bulb holder/contacts looked fine. I'm told that the bulb seemed to fit ok in the holder too. It worked for a time and then stopped. I gave a bit of a thump inside the boot around that area and it worked again for quite some time, but this weekend it gave up the ghost. This time is didn't respond to me hitting it !!!!

We've just been to Halfords and bought a new bulb and will give that a try - if it stops raining. The problem is, it's such a big job to get at the bulb - not a 2 minute job !!!

I'm a bit miffed as I had to sell my last car 12 months ago due to an intermittent fault - nothing to do with lights, although it had it's fair share of those faults too ! Nothing worse than intermitten faults, as you just know if you take it to a garage to get the wiring checked that the thing will work so you hand over about £40 for the fun of it !!

Anyway, we'll start off with a new bulb.............

Just replaced the bulb. Started off with glorious weather and as usual when you start a job ended up pouring with rain!! However, the indicator is working - at the moment, so will have to wait and see as last time the 'cover' was taken off the bulb worked well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links