Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys

mr timth

hi

I am new to this site and i am looking for a set of alloys for my 2004 corolla e12. Would anybody suggest a nice set of alloys for my car ?

post-148081-0-16204700-1431115063_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts - the alloys you have on the car suit it (Toyota spend a lot of money designing wheels I guess). Dont ruin it with "badboy" alloys, I think they look terrible.

Spend the money on refurbishing your current alloys, it will really smarten the car up.

Add in the fact you are supposed to declare aftermarket alloys on your insurance, that will push premiums up.

Add in the fact you are supposed to declare aftermarket alloys on your insurance, that will push premiums up.

Surely not if they are the same size ? Larger diameters , yes .

Compared to my toyota 2006 wheels, have to agree with Stephen, never like those types, but each to their own.

Hi,

If you find insurance causes you any problems then please feel free to give us a try.

Regards,

Dan.

Look for a set of T-Sport alloys. They smarten up the car considerably and are cheaply available. They're not even too heavy.

Surely not if they are the same size ? Larger diameters , yes .

Compared to my toyota 2006 wheels, have to agree with Stephen, never like those types, but each to their own.

I think it depends on the insurer, but I know when I broached the subject with eSure, they were insistent that if I changed my kerbed-to-hell-and-flaking 14" Toyota alloys for shiny new 14" Wolfrace ones I'd have to pay them another £70 a year.

In the end I got my Toyota ones refurbed and powdercoated. Actually cost me £30 more than it would have to buy the Wolfrace ones!