Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambda Sensors For Iq3

IQ Old git

Hi Guys, its me again. Thought if I posted under above title I might solicite a reply from someone who has had to replace their sensors on a Iq3. Does anyone know where I can buy good quality new (ie Bosch or Denso) sensors for my 1.33. A trawl of the net has so far proved fruitless. I cant justify Mr T's £329 for a pair especially when you can get them for 'ordinary cars' for about £30 each. Any recommendation would be welcome. For instance, I managed to buy complete driveshafts for my Yaris Tsport for £40 each from a place in Birmingham instead of the £650 ea toyota wanted. (they were perfect and came the next day ready to fit and didnt give any trouble for the 2yrs until I sold the car. Thanks Colin

Haven't had to change them yet but a quick search for "Toyota iQ sensor" on eBay brings up a few matches.

Pretty sure the sensors won't be unique to the iQ so chances are Yaris, Aygo, Auris etc sensors might fit as well.

This seems a good price although you do need to change the plug over to the new ones and I would take the old ones out first and check the thread is correct before ordering them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321655901568

Craig.

Yes thanks craig. Cant seem to get any tecky info. Most places advertising them seem to list just one number (which dosnt tally with the toyota part no.) They presumably only list the post cat one and not the manifold one. Its going in on wed for plugs, so will get Rik to check further. He did say only fit gen Toyota sensors as they have been known to play up with aftermarket devices. I cant see that there should be a prob with Ngk or Denso as Im sure thats what was fitted originally. 'Micks Garage' is listing Ngk (post cat only) for £84 which is better than Mr T's price. Latest thing when I filled up my fuel gauge has gone crazy showing between 0 and 60 mpg. Shut it in the garage in disgust and am hoping a rest will have cured it. Will find out today. Also fuelly showed a 3.4mpg drop. Its never varied that much. Grrr Cheers Colin

Thankfullly after a nights rest my gauge has returned to normal ??? Just the Lambdas to sort now, & find a sunroof (thats if I can afford it after having sensors fixed) Cheers Colin

Well theres good & bad news. The good news is no lambda fault codes have re appeared after having new plugs fitted. Riks man said they were on last legs (52k) and could well have contributed to fault code. Bad news is its now miss-firing between 2.5-3000 revs. Grr Rik seems to think a plug has closed up ?? so another 40mile round trip on mon to have it looked at. So new plugs £36, gasket £16 plus fitting £48 mmm I make that £100 for new plugs, plus 3x 40mls. I can remember not long ago replacing a set of plugs for a fiver and 20min head under bonnet. Thats progress for you. At least it looks like Ive saved £400 on new Lambda sensors. Cheers Colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links