Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Acceleration Problems

KP987

Hello, so I bought my Corolla 1.8 VVTL-I T-Sport about 6 months ago and I really liked the instant acceleration you get at 5k revs, it used to just take off but after a few months I noticed that slowly its performance was getting worse. It just wouldn't accelerate like it used to, it was taking so long just to get to 5K revs and even then it wouldn't take off like it did it used to throw my head back in the seat.

A couple of weeks ago I had the oil and filter changed as the level got pretty low, and for the next couple of days after having that done it was like I had a new car. The acceleration was instant and it felt like the car had so much power, but that only lasted 2 days and it's now how it used to be. The acceleration is really poor and it really isn't much fun to drive anymore.

Has anybody else had the same experience and have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

Well, the Whip-snap effect should be at 6,200 Rpm where the 'lift' mode on the valves engages and the engine actually starts to make power.

What's the history of the car like? Any evidence of having had new spark plugs recently? Air filter clean and fresh? I tkae it the oil filter was changed with the oil?

Is the Engine light coming on at all? Do you have access to a afault code reader so you can read any codes in the ECU and see if anything is going on?

Do a code read as it might give you some clues....process of elimination.

Be worth checking/cleaning your OCV...and lift bolts....and the more obvious plugs/coil pack etc

The lift should be coming in at 6200 rpm...if you are getting any roughness in running it might be worth cleaning the MAF sensor.

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links