Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Original Sony Head Unit Advise

Dave allcock

Hi

Just purchased a 2002 celica and wanted to replace the head unit.

Wanted to connect to iPod concealed in the compartment above the head unit using use connection from rear of new head unit so it stayes powered up.

Has anyone done anything like this or something similar?

Thanks

Ahh so they were original! Didnt know that. I have the Sony head unit too.

My 1998 Avensis came with the double din Sony WX-C570R Changer control head unit factory fitted. I have a connects2 iconnect interface, which plugs into the CD changer socket at the back.

Mine is the old version which allowed the use of my CD changer and USB, so I use memory sticks. Ipods can be used too. In use, I press the CD button to change source between CD1, CD2, or CD3.

Check connects2, xcarlink and Nexxia for options. You may have to search eBay too.

If you cannot get the USB interface for the Sony head unit, you can fit a more updated head unit with all the features you want.

You may need to buy an Toyota to ISO adaptor cable, PC2-17-4. Nexxia is one place to go for this. All recent units have ISO connections, so this will be an easy plug and play. The actual fitting brackets can be transferred from the old Sony to the new head unit. Hopefully the fitting holes are in the same place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links