Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check Parking Brake System Warning Message

erobert867

On Saturday had warning message check parking brake system with all the warning lights to. Took it to Toyota dealer today to see what the fault is and was told its my no1 injector faulty and not covered by warranty . It's a 13plate Avensis D4DI have with 51 500 miles which is used as a taxi. So much for 100,000 miles or 5 years warranty. It a cost for £480 to replace which I think it should be covered be warranty

Was wondering if anybody else had this problem and was it cover by warranty

While writing this my mate with 63 plate Avensis D4D with roughly same mileage had same problem but it was injector 2 was faulty and paid same price to get job do from main dealer.

Both cars are regular serviced at 10 000 miles at same garage

Would greatful if anybody could help us on this matter

If it is a manufacturing defect, it should be covered. However, if it is judged as wear and tear, the repair will be down to you.

Toyota service manager said its class as wear n tear but not happy changing people to get it repair

seems odd that an EPB warning would relate to an injector?

Well heidfirst that's two Avensis D4D 2lts roughly 51,500 miles both with same message and both with same fault expect 13 plate was injector 1 and 63 plate was injector 2 both using low ash oil also

Toyota service manager said its class as wear n tear but not happy changing people to get it repair

Don't know for certain, but I would have thought the original dealer would note the service histories that the injectors have an issue, and subsequent dealers would be able to access this information ....

Well heidfirst that's two Avensis D4D 2lts roughly 51,500 miles both with same message and both with same fault expect 13 plate was injector 1 and 63 plate was injector 2 both using low ash oil also

but don't you agree that it seems odd? I mean, who in their right mind would design a system where an engine problem throws up an EPB warning when they have engine warning lights that they could use ...?

However, I could understand them possibly coming across other fault codes (e.g. injector) when hooking the car up to the diagnostic computer to check the EPB warning.

• Like 1

but don't you agree that it seems odd? I mean, who in their right mind would design a system where an engine problem throws up an EPB warning when they have engine warning lights that they could use ...?

However, I could understand them possibly coming across other fault codes (e.g. injector) when hooking the car up to the diagnostic computer to check the EPB warning.

Scott,

What you say makes sense. What is the EBP to do with the injectors? One is the parking brake the other is the fuel system.

It sounds like the canbus system where everything is interlinked.

The car may have done 51,500 miles, but the engine may have been running for far longer in time. Idling is running without adding mileage, so if time running is factored in, it would be a lot of extra hours than a non taxi. Don't let the dealers see this!

Still don't agree with the wear and tear argument.

Konrad

yes the main dealer did go into my glovebox to check the service history book to check where it was serviced . They also phone the garage to get copy of invoices to make up serice history profile with Toyota about the car. The only thing he wasn't about was the type of oil they was using , so want up to my garage to let them know what he say and was told it was low ash oil they use plus my garage told me when they order up service parts from the dealer they always gave free 5lts oil which is wrong oil for motor .

Forgot to say my last motor was 10 plate Avensis D4D 2lt which had 120,000 miles on it and never had a problem with it and was the same garage that service it every 10,000 mile but service book tells you it's 12,500 miles or once a year it's meant to be service

• 2 weeks later...

That's my car in at Toyota dealer today to get injector replace under warranty after being on to phone with Toyota customer service UK a few times last week to see what they said about it . They where shocked to fine out the Toyota dealer in Aberdeen wouldn't do it under warranty , when they said it should have been done when I took it in with the problem.

Just let u know it's just the way the engine management system set up with the warning check parking brake system comes on with all defaults that's what the Toyota dealer told me this morning

well, it seems that once again Toyota are going to come through on customer service albeit you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it sorted. I can't imagine that you have too many choices in Toyota dealers in your part of the world otherwise I would suggest maybe looking for another. I would certainly be having a chat with the service manager & perhaps dealer principal.

Have had words with service manager but he's a right jobs worth and had a lot of diagreements with him also even when I pick car up today regarding this matter . The only other main dealer close to me about 6o odd miles away so I am tied to using the 1 in Aberdeen. Kept using he had different policies to follow then Toyota customer service

The big question is why can both sing from the same Hymn book

Perhaps a letter saying that to the dealer principal & CC'ed to Toyota UK Customer Services?