Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner With A New Project

Compact culture

Hi All

Im Lee from Devon, due to a new job in Somerset and a 100 mile daily journey I needed a car with a high mpg, by pure chance I saw a IQ on 18" alloys in a supermarket and fell in love, when seeing the reviews and 50-60+ mpg, job was a gooden.

After a 6hr round trip to Southampton Toyota last weekend I had my IQ.

After a deep clean

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

De-badging showed a before and after on how dirty the paint was

image.jpg3.jpg

Wheel alignment done as the steering wheel was at 11 o'clock when driving in a straight line, showed the left front wheel was way out.

image.jpg7.jpg

Had a few scuffs and scratches taken care of

image.jpg6.jpg

Looking clean now with my jap tow hook :D

image.jpg9.jpg

image.jpg10.jpg

image.jpg11.jpg

I told my painter to paint my dash while doing the scuffs, any colour he wanted to make the interior less drab and Im very happy with the outcome

image.jpg8.jpg

image.jpg13.jpg

image.jpg15.jpg

image.jpg16.jpg

image.jpg14.jpg

I will be doing more to the car, suspension, alloys etc but as its essentially a motorway mile muncher I wont be going crazy with modifications, but this is the 1st small engine car Ive had that gives me a huge grin factor, I love my IQ

cheers all and thanks for reading

Lee

Hello and welcome to the club. Very nice looking iQ, the interior certainly stands out now, brave letting the painter choose the colour for you though :)

Looking forwards to more updates.

Hello Lee - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Well done Lee, dash certainly a brave choice but different to everyone else. Good paint job by the look of it. I'm about to start on the scratches on mine that are annoying me. Hope 'Halfords' tyrol silver is a good match. All of a sudden Iq's seem to have reached Devon. Saw 3 the other day (non waved back). Welcome, Colin Bovey Tracey Iq3.

Hi, Welcome to the club... Enjoy :driving:

Hi Lee, Nice iQ. Like the idea of having the interior parts sprayed, but I would have asked for a certain colour. Very brave of you to give that choice to the painter. The exterior looks as good as new. That's a hell of a commute.

:thumbsup:

Hi Lee, it's Colin again. Your picks look a bit 'Cranbrookish' I was wondering if you got your respraying done anywhere near me so I could get a quote on mine rather than mess it up myself, Recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers Colin

Hi Colin, yeah I live Cranbrookish. I worked at nationwide crash repair at Exeter airport (last day way yesterday) the guys are great as is the quality that comes out. But if you have a pearl white model like mine the paint cost is crazy to paint the nsf bumper moulding only was £70 for a tenth of 3 stage white pearl.

The painter picking the colour was a bit of a risk but I've worked with him for a long time and couldn't make my mind up. But very happy with the outcome.

I have bits coming from Japan and Germany which should be here in a week so will have another update :D

Ouch that what I was afraid of. Mine is Tyrol silver, should be less but will have a go at the easier to disguise marks myself first. Have passed them a few times and wondered if they are any good. Thanks Colin.

Welcome , good choice in car. Thought the paint would be expensive, ours has scuffs on all corners now due to others catching it. Can't believe smallest car we have always being knocked. Had thought of painting the ears on the bumpers a different colour to a) be easier to match and b) maybe people will see the ends of the car easier

Have just fitted a rear spoiler, bought from USA. via eBay , party spoiler so larger than std. Fit was superb and included all fittings and template for drilling. Well pleased

Enjoy the car looking forward to seeing what mods you do

Hi Lee..how did you remove badges on rear. I want to remove TOYOTA Badge from mine.

Hi Lee..how did you remove badges on rear. I want to remove TOYOTA badge from mine.

Hello all, thanks for the kind comments.

En8wall, I used a old nectar card, any plastic card or floss will do it but it took me less than a minute with a card, have some cutting compound or t-cut standing by as there will be a layer of dirty to polish away.

Cheers lee

• Like 1

Hairdryer! It's very easy to take off. After that you can use mass polishing.

Hi all, Just back from a holiday traveling around Europe and a long stay at the nurburgring

image.jpg1_1.jpg

Came home yesterday to a few packages, so up at 6:30 am to start fitting and sowing :D.

New scion badges

mats

Sill panel scuff covers from some vinyl I had to cover all the old scratches

Lowered suspension

Fun windscreen vinyl

Bride material, I made some of it into new gaiters :D

image.jpg2_1.jpg

image.jpg3_1.jpg

image.jpg4_1.jpg

image.jpg5_1.jpg

image.jpg7_1.jpg

image.jpg6_1.jpg

Cheers all

Lee

• Like 1

How long did it take to lower suspension and what springs did you buy?

• 4 weeks later...

De-badged mine yesterday of the TOYOTA Badge. Used a bit of dental floss.... so easy wish I'd done it months ago. The picture with the dirt is just after I removed it. Bit of polish and panel as good as new.

post-123592-143549945604_thumb.jpg

post-123592-143549947367_thumb.jpg

Hi Lee, liking the Bride fabric to Handbrake and gear gaitor. Are you taking requests on those?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

So ive done 3000 miles in 6 weeks (my daily drive work) and loving every moment of cruising at 60-70mph and seeing the mpg stay at 60😃.

But not happy with just a inflation kit incase of a puncture i purchased a spare wheel and removed the rear seat.

The car has always had a farm yard smell, after a deep clean i removed the pollen filter removed alot of seeds and leaves, washed the black out of it and covered it in clothes conditioner, dried and the smell has gone 😃.

Also had a very annoying rattle from the rear since ive had it , after stripping the entire rear thinking it was a wiring connector I found both the rear struts vibrating in the upper rubber mounts travelling throught the inner rear wings. I replaced the rubber mounts and lubed with plastic/rubber grease, the knocking was better but still there so I made a solid rear strut brace and the noise went straight away plus the car feels more stable on corners and more sensitive on steering like a go-kart 😃😃.

After a lot of searching I found the wheels Ive always wanted for a car in the right size, width offset and only 1 hr away from me. So I collected them last weekend fitted and have done 500miles the mpg has suffered slightly to 58mpg.

The car is getting to where i want it and im always smiling when driving. Im doing some small bits at the moment which ill update on in a few days

Cheers everyone

Have a great weekend

lee

post-148279-0-56993200-1437767644_thumb.

post-148279-0-48805400-1437767693_thumb.

post-148279-0-33207600-1437767724_thumb.

post-148279-0-67379600-1437767793_thumb.

post-148279-0-76124600-1437767843_thumb.

post-148279-0-21424900-1437767878_thumb.

post-148279-0-68470200-1437767895_thumb.

post-148279-0-65201200-1437767916_thumb.

Hi all

Had really nice weather today in Devon and not being to happy with the white wheels as they were staining and had a few kerb marks, I spent the day rubbing them down re-shaping the lip and painting matt black. Much happier now.

Also painted and refitted the Toyota badges happier the recess is filled and not to noticeable in white.

The wife bought me a iq model so I stripped it and painted it to match the car 😃

Now chilling with sunburn and a cider

Cheers all

Lee

post-148279-0-57273500-1437847865_thumb.

post-148279-0-86904400-1437847881_thumb.

post-148279-0-55955400-1437847894_thumb.

post-148279-0-09546500-1437847905_thumb.

post-148279-0-79316800-1437847917_thumb.

post-148279-0-70818300-1437847935_thumb.

post-148279-0-04818500-1437847952_thumb.

post-148279-0-95519100-1437847966_thumb.

• Like 1

Wheels look a lot better in black. Contrasts the white.

Some good pictures there, I am liking what you are doing. The wheels look similar to mine, I personally think they look better in black ;)

What is the rear brace you made for in the boot?

Lee, like both your iQ's, the colour scheme especially. You can do much more with a white or silver car. Looking very good, subtle too.

I love the identical little model version, brilliant!

Looking very nice, it says fun, I especially like the purple details you've picked out.

Nicola