Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Replace A Prius?

Dapple

I need your advice on a replacement for my Prius.

I love the Prius. I love hybrids. I bought my first in 2002. Both me and my good lady run hybrids.

I have just bought 2 years extra warranty for my Gen 3 solar, it has a full Toyota service history with the 70k service just done and sailed through its MOT. It handles ok on new quiet yet grippy tyres and it looks fantastic in grey on 17's with the roof open, and yes does less mpg as a result of all these, but lets not go there it is my preference. Actually mpg isn't what makes me drive a hybrid but hey.

Then someone made me an offer for the car of significantly more than I paid for it 12 months ago so its deal or no deal time.

So if I deal I need a replacement.

This must be efficient, technological, capable of harvesting energy when I go downhill etc.

It must seat 2 adults and 2 children and all their baggage at times.

It must have nothing less than bulletproof reliability.

It must have a sunroof that opens (the only proven thing that controls my daughters car sickness).

It must be much much much quieter than my Prius when on the motorway as road noise really let's down the Gen 3 in my opinion.

It must be automatic, it must have sat nav, bluetooth, cruise, climate etc etc.

It must not contain time bombs like DMF's and DPF's etc so is unlikely to be diesel.

It must not be new, I am a tight Yorkshireman who requires others to stand at least the first 2 years depreciation.

It could be up to 5 years old I suppose but needs still to have a manufacturers warranty that I can extend.

Oh and it would be nice to get 40mpg I suppose.

Thoughts?

Has to be the CT 200, Rich, as no other hybrid other than the Prius + offers an opening sunroof....a must have for me too

I had a look at a Lexus this week, while the Prius was getting its annual service, and size wise, it is pretty much similar to the Toyota...the Auris has a glass roof, but no opening

discount wise, it works out cheaper than the Prius, or 2nd hand ....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505103333353/sort/default/keywords/sunroof/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/ct_200h/channel/cars/make/lexus/radius/1500/postcode/n88ly/usedcars?logcode=p

Thanks for that Barry, the Lexus looks like a contender.

Actually whilst looking at Lexus if I upsize the RX450h looks like a contender too!

Thanks for pointing out the Prius+ as well, that's 3 cars on the list now.

I was wondering if you could fit an aftermarket opening sunroof to an Auris, that might make it a contender.

Do aftermarket sunroof companies still exist I wonder?

More research required!

Yes, they do exist Rich, in fact I fitted an after market Webasto roof in out Toy IQ...very professionally done in my driveway, and a great result, used nearly every day....cool air on the face, and warm on the feet

But the Auris has a contoured roof like the non solar Prius, and not flat like the IQ, But maybe a call to

http://www.londonsunroof.co.uk/

would help......they fitted the IQ

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links