Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Egr

tswain

Hi, I am new to this forum, I have owned my Auris SR180 59 plate for over a year. I have had a read through the forum and decided to clean the EGR however following the guide by Rick d4d, my EGR does not resemble the same shape? It looks as though it's water cooled and has a servo butterfly fitted rather than the solonoid type. Is it worth stripping it and cleaning it and is this the original one fitted? I have no problems with mpg average around 42-45 constantly.

Tom

Your car is running what Toyota refer to as an 08AD series engine this is the later spec of engine with all the modifications for EGR, DPNR, Oil consumption & head gasket issues fixed, the guide you have seen is for the earlier 05AD series of engines. That said removing and carefully cleaning the valve can do no harm

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply, will give it a go

Your car is running what Toyota refer to as an 08AD series engine this is the later spec of engine with all the modifications for EGR, DPNR, Oil consumption & head gasket issues fixed, the guide you have seen is for the earlier 05AD series of engines. That said removing and carefully cleaning the valve can do no harm

Hi,

Mine is a 59 plate sr180 where can I find out if it's an 08ad - perhaps stamped on the engine block ?

A picture of the egr would be helpful.

Best wishes,

John

Hi,

I have a picture of the EGR as a part, hope this helps.

post-147037-0-85177300-1432577431_thumb.

Tom

Pictures attached

Hi,

Thanks for the parts drawing but am struggling to recognise which one is in the car - can you tell from my attached photo please?

post-137295-0-00779000-1432628226_thumb.

Hi,

Yeah that looks same as mine.

Tom

Hi,

Yeah that looks same as mine.

Tom

Thanks Tom - that was a relief - going down to Le Mans next week and would hate the head gasket to go.

Taking a litre of oil just in case it needs a top up

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just got back from Le Mans where Toyota performed well.

I did 43.6 mpg on the journey back from Abbeville to Hinckley which is pretty good??