Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Rattling Then Cutting Out Told Air Con To Blame

alanmg

My granddaughter has been having a problem with her yaris after running it for a while the 'engine'

rattles then cuts out if she leaves it for a while it starts & runs ok till the next time the cycle starts again.

No fault codes coming up & she got a local garage to test it & look it over.They have told her that the problem is the aircon pump paddle is broken & this is causing all the problems.

They are quoting her around £700 to do the job.

Anyone had this problem,is it likely to be the aircon that is causing the problem & if so can the aircon be blanked off so it does not cause the problem

Any advice most welcome.

Alan

You can get a shorter belt and bypass the air-con compressor.

The following link shows the belts with and without for all engines:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2007/yaris-frp/nlp90r-chggxw/2_116520_013_316W/tool-engine-fuel/1605_v-belt

Just a matter of getting the correct length.

I checked on Euro Car parts and they use ContiTech showing various lengths, starting with 6PK923 as the shortest.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/b/contitech/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt

Be careful as the length may not be correct. I had to replace the belts on my Avensis and one was incorrect to what was on the Euro Car Part catalogue. Get string to measure the length bypassing the air-con unit. The other belt is 6PK970 and the ContiTech catalogue say this is for your engine and year. Both are for non-AC.

http://aam-europe.contitech.de/pages/downloads/docs/Zuordnungsliste-Riemen-Kits--Pkw-Transporter_uv.pdf

Page 676 Yaris 1ND-TV 2005-2008.

Does it idle unevenly as well, even a little?

If so, might also be worth checking the EGR and throttle body in case they are sooted up.

Seems a bit weird the aircon could cause the engine to stall tho'... Is it a normal aircon system that you can switch off or is it a climate control system?

• Like 1

Thanks guys ,I am going over on sunday to have a look at it , hopefully will sort it out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links