Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

19" Alloy Wheels On A 2004 Celica

Hockeystorm65

Hi there, sorry if this is a newbie question but have done some searching and can't find the exact answer.

Does anyone know if 19" Rims with 235/35 ZR19 tyres coming off an Audi TT will fit straight on to a 2004 Celica VVTI without any mods or tyre scrub on full lock?

Thank you in advance.

To fit the Wheels, you'll need tapered M12 x 1.5 nuts, and spigot rings. As regards tyre scrub, that depends on the Offset/ET of the rims themselves. The tyre width is three sizes up from OE, so tram-lining is a given. The biggest difference will be in performance and handling, as in my experience, due to the increase in tyre size and unsprung weight, both will be ruined (I used to run 18's for a while on my 140, but soon returned to 17's). Your Ins. Co. will of course need to be notified of the modification.

Here's a useful site you may not be aware off..http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7.0&offset=35&width2=235&aspect2=35&diameter2=19&wheelwidth2=8.0&offset2=35#content

Hope that helps, Tom.

• Like 1

Thank you Scarlett! That is really useful info and a great link. No I wasn't aware of that site.

Thanks as well for the personal experience, I am aware that the desire for new wheels comes from making the car look better when it is standing still rather than feel better when it is doing what it is meant to do.

So, on that basis I will let my blood settle and reconsider the great offer I got from a friend in our local to buy his recently retired Audi TT wheels at a knock down price and have a look at 17" rims........

Appreciate the 'steer' :-)

Agree with Scarlet Arrow...stick with 17"..any more will wreck the drive/ride.

Neil

What's your budget for 17" Wheels, Tom?. I have a very nice set (black with a stainless steel lip and unmarked) available, they come with the tapered nuts, spigot rings, and locking nuts. The two pairs of mid range tyres are also in excellent condition.

I'm near J27 M1 BTW.

Hi there Scarlett Arrow,

Still thinking about what to do on this, could you please send me some photos? I will PM you my email address.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

No problem, Tom.

Have a look on the images below to see if you like them or not. They are ET35, so sit 3mm outboard of the standard 17" Toyota wheels. The rims have 2 x Falken Ziex ZE912, and 2 x Kumho Le Sport fitted, all are 205/45/17. As I'm retired, I only cover around 1000 miles a year these days, shared between two sets of wheels, so my best estimate is that the rims have only covered approx. 3000 miles, and kept very clean.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wolfrace+shark+alloy+wheels&biw=1600&bih=740&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QrtEVPzrJsHY7AaCyoCYCQ&ved=0CGEQsAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&

imgrc=53z279En4_IiRM%253A%3BoFFTA22CtUkqmM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.alloywheels.uk%252Fuploads%252F21092012100705.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.alloywheels.com%252FCustomer_Cars%252F%253Fimage%253D2117%3B900%3B882

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links