Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can This Scratch Be Polished?

Hydroloach

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any advice as to whether the scratch on my Aygo's alloy wheel can be polished out? It's only around 2cms in length. I've attached a photo so hope you can see it.

aygoalloy.jpg

Thanks

Hi Kevin.

Naaaaaa sorry mate i think that scratch is too deep and you will always see it. I think you need to go to a wheel re-furb. company prices range from £40-90 depending who you choose.

Regards Mike.

Don't think it will polish out - too deep. You could try some scratch remover to try and improve the appearance, but it is going to be one of these things where, once you know it is there, you will always notice it.

2cm scratch? Pfft! I wouldn't even bother getting it fixed

That's quite a small scratch. You could make it 99% better with some Toyota Alloy touch up paint and then blending it with some paint leveller. I would suggest Chipex products as I have used them on my iQ and an Audi and made worse scratches on bodywork completely disappear. I'm not sure they do wheel paint though - but they have an excellent support line and you could ask them.

A kit is about £30

In fact I have just ordered a Chipex kit for my new a Aygo as someone has put a minor scuff on the bumper. It will never be as good as a respray or SMART repair (£140) which will respray a large area of the bumper in order to fix and blend in a 2cm scratch - which seems a tad excessive , I'm confident my repair using Chipex will be very difficult to see once I've done it.

http://www.chipex.co.uk/

hi mate, im afraid that wont polish out!, my bodyshop is only 15 mins from bedford if you want it painting ill do you a good deal,