Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Flaps, Oil Consumption And Workshop Manual

shauncwalsh

Recently bought a 1.4 D-4D TR spec Auris, late 2008 with 19K on the clock. I have a few questions for you:

Oil consumption, currently using about 1/2 litre in 2000 miles, is this normal, last 2 cars never needed any oil between services.

Heater flaps, sometimes operate with almost no noise, sometimes make an audible creak/grinding noise.

Workshop manual, can you get one from anywhere? I like to tinker :-)

Other than that first impressions are good, Nice motorway cruiser and 55 mpg.

Thanks

Shaun

Not seen a worship manual I'm guessing u mean a Haynes of some description .... You might have to on their website or something ... I bet the heater flaps will be because it not been used much due to such low mileage against the age maybe ... Is it at the exit ports for it of at the motor ... I have 2 litre and rarely have to top up ... Is there any noticeable leaks or slightly more Smokey than you think it should be

Heater flap noise seems to be coming from inside the centre console when footwell vent activated.

No smoke from exhaust and no obvious signs of oil leak.

I would imagine then it's the motor probably just abit dusty slightly gunked on the greased parts as it hasn't moved much maybe so possibly needs a little wd40 did you buy it from a dealership or private ... Oil consumption I'm not 100% could be a number of things hows the oil filler cap on the inside face ... Also how's the dipstick any thing on there other than oil

Haynes haven't published a workshop manual for the Auris, and I don't know of another publisher. One can access some information by registering on http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

- but be aware some information is free and some chargeable.

Just a thought - there is a current recall on the 1.4 D4D. See.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/165486-recall-for-auris-yaris-urban-cruiser-iq-and-corolla/

One can access a recall checker on the Toyota website where, if one inputs the vehicle's registration number, one can check whether the vehicle is affected by any recalls. See. https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links