Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dvd Player-Sound But No Dialogue

RAM_145

Hi there, 1st post - so please be gentle!

We've had a well loved Corolla Verso SR 08 for a number of years now and the most loved feature is the in car DVD players for the kids. These are the Toyota original "Modular In-Car Entertainment) MICE units, master and slave, with IR headphones. The kids love them... as do we as it made driving across France even possible in the summer! :)

But both units have now lost the dialogue on DVD's, through the IR headphones, through wired headphones, using known DVD's that worked previously etc. All gone. However, audio CD's work without a problem as so the special features on some disks. So clearly it is a setting on the player itself? Right? Assuming the kids have been fiddling with remote etc... But even with the manual I cannot find a way to reset all the audio settings to default.

We had a 5hr drive last weekend and heavens alive the kids had to entertain themselves..... didn't go well !

I've tried searching here and everywhere I can find, but with no luck. Any recommendations would be really really appreciated.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - So with a little (lot!) of testing, have found the problem. The master unit is not decoding any surround sound information that should be coming through the centre channel (dialogue and speech).

When I use a DVD with only stereo 2.1 or basic 2.0 soundtracks everything works fine. When we try to use a modern dvd with ONLY a 5.1 soundtrack...we get nothing. I am sure they have worked before....but can't demonstrate that!!

So... Does anyone else have this DVD player in their car they could test / know if a modern DVD (Disneys etc all the kids films)... and let me know if theirs works with a 5.1 soundtrack? I'm sure this has worked before, but our local MrT are as baffled as I am ... and want to charge a £138 to do a diagnostic test appointment.

For that....we could buy a new set of players from Halfords.

MrT wants £850 for a replacement master unit !!! We could have two top notch iPads for that !!!

Anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links