Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes Sticking 99 Corolla

Tkerton

Hi I am new to this so hope someone will be able to help me I have a 99 corolla and the front brakes keep sticking as to date I have changed calibers both brakes hoses master cylinder brake servo equalizing valve but the brakes still continue to seize does anyone have any ideas what else it could be.

You say you have changed virtually all the parts, but were they new /reconditioned parts or just old ones from scrap yards ?

What kind of driving are you doing. steady OAP style or boy racer ?

When does the 'sticking' occur ? on both wheels ?

When / how does it release from the sticking ?

Assume your car has ABS, any recent work done / problems with that ?

Hi car is only a spare car I have to use at weekends v sensible driving all parts were second hand except for hoses they were new. They were sticking on both side but for some reason now only on drivers side. To release them I open the bleeding bolt slightly this seems to release the pressure and brakes get released. They stick very couple of miles. Thanks

Had read that old hoses can cause the problem you describe, but as you have put new ones one , its clearly not that.

Using second hand parts, you never know if you are introducing more faults that you cure.

Could be faulty caliper pistons etc.

Do the pistons seem to move in and out ok.

Have you cleaned and regreased the caliper slider pins as well, they tend to sieze up; though unlikely to cause your fault.

Afraid I cannot suggest anything else, never had such a problem.

Did you change the calipers for new, reconditioned ones?

Did you get new brake slides pins or did you use the old ones?

Did you replace the discs and pads at the same time?

Old hoses can internally expand which causes the hydraulic fluid to not return when pressing the brake pedal and you get calipers sticking but you say you've replaced the hoses.

Presume you replaced the brake fluid as well.

• 4 weeks later...

i had a problem with this a few years back so every service i push out and clean piston then clean and grease pins on both front brakes every 5k and no problems since

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links