Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso 58/2009, Stalling But Worse After Repair

tdwuk

I have a Toyota Corolla Verso 58 reg 2009 T-Spirit MMT. I have had the clutch changed in 2013 and again in October 2014. In May the car stalled for the first time, I took it in to my local dealer in London the following week, they said that the clutch was worn and it needed a new motor and actuator total £1300. I told them I had extended warranty, they tried to claim but it was refused. The last repair was 7 months and 5k miles, they tried again and eventually called me and said the car was repaired.

I collected the car, I was told the only the clutch motor was changed and the car was ok now. I started it, it was shaking a bit but I drove off. Within a few minutes of leaving the car stalled, I drove it straight back. They kept it it for another day and said that their technician had driven it home after another repair and it was ok. They said that there was a loose or rusty wire on the ECU which was repaired/replaced.

I collected the car on Friday, seemed to be ok, no shaking. Had another local journey yesterday, no problem. Today, drove it a few minutes from home and it stalled again. The second stall in 4 journeys.

I am a bit anxious about driving it now, has anyone had any similar experience with it stalling? Is it a clutch or ECU issue?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links