Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Update For 2007 Toyota T Spirit

pendragon1953

Okay folks I am not asking how to do it or the cost, but wanted to impart of some information, if you chose to go through Toyota to get the map update..

I had reason the other day to pop over to my local dealer. Whence I inquired about getting an update for my baby.... as I felt pretty sure it hadn't been done since new.

They wanted to charge me £195 for the disc... that just blew me away

So this morning I popped out to the car, after getting information to how to eject the disc etc.. Okay I am old and female... anyway, I was able to get the disc out and took down the numbers etc and I was right it was a 2005 - 2007 disc...

I went to the Toyota website couldn't find out a price so emailed the provider who is in Belgium, they were very prompt in replying gave me all the info I needed..

So for the cost of a proper update and not an inferior one on the internet (yes I considered even going that route)

The cost is: 125.00 Euro for the disc

15.73 Euro for the shipping via UPS

29.55 Euro VAT

Total all up: 170.28 Euro approx £122 and change all up. That is a saving of over £70 in comparison to my dealer..... and they are easy enough to put in the system.... It will be here in approx 30 days or thereabouts....

So hopefully this is some helpful information.....

• Like 3

i wonder whether you could get updates for the gen3 this way...

I think you'll find that the gen3 does not use a DVD...

Oh well, back to the £200 dealer updates then ;-)

You know they'd have more interest if the prices were realistic for a change!

It is £109 including VAT if you do it yourself... (but I agree, even that is still too high...)

Is it?! I thought it was a dealer-only thing, hence why I never bothered to chase it up

After my problems updating the map version on our Gen 3 Sat/Nav The dealer service manager recommended I leave any future map updates for them to do. The instructions for doing yourself seem OK until something goes wrong.

To rectify the fault on our car the whole Sat/Nav unit was changed.

Is it?! I thought it was a dealer-only thing, hence why I never bothered to chase it up

It's a Touch & Go unit yes? (as opposed to the newer Touch 2 units) If so, it's just a case of setting yourself up with an account for your car on Toyota's site, getting a USB Stick setup correctly for your car (which doesn't require buying anything at that stage) and following the instructions on their site. You do need to be a little "tech savvy" to do it successfully but in the main, it works well. Make sure that any map update you buy and download is full and correct before you attempt to use it.

@Chris, that's not the majority of users' experiences though... Looks like you were just unlucky for some reason.

A 2010 Gen 3 Prius would have the Hard disk drive nav system which is a dealer only update, 2012 on Prius Gen 3 gained Touch & go which can user updated.

• Like 1

It's a Touch & Go unit yes? (as opposed to the newer Touch 2 units) If so, it's just a case of setting yourself up with an account for your car on Toyota's site, getting a USB Stick setup correctly for your car (which doesn't require buying anything at that stage) and following the instructions on their site. You do need to be a little "tech savvy" to do it successfully but in the main, it works well. Make sure that any map update you buy and download is full and correct before you attempt to use it.

@Chris, that's not the majority of users' experiences though... Looks like you were just unlucky for some reason.

It's not even a Touch & go on the 2010 Gen 3, it's a dealer only job, there's no USB port and no Nav DVD. IIRC it's on the hard drive.

Then I stand corrected. :)

Sorry I haven't been back to answer any replies, but from the Toyota website it has all the sat navs from Generation 00 through to Touch & Go Pro (11HD) I will put the link here for those who are interested.... I am lucky with mine as it is just a DVD disk....

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

• Like 1

Just a further update on this matter... I have just received my sat nav update discs and yes there are four discs covering most of the EU.... though I will only need to do the UK one for the time being... it came heavily packaged so no breakages and an instruction book... will let you all know how I go with installing it though it looks so easy...

• 2 months later...

Pendragon. Like you I too have a second generation Prius T Spirit, mine being a 2009, and thinking about a map upgrade also and like yourself went direct and got the same price as yourself, but, how it works I do not know, for my dealer has offered me an Auris Hybrid Excel, and am changing to a car that does not need the disc set up.

So I have a brand new 2015 Toyota genuine four disc set that I do not need and cannot send back, so if anyone on the forum needs the latest upgrade set, please let me know.

Only opened to check contents, "NEVER" used in the car.

£85 Posted first class recorded or collected from Essex.

• 5 years later...

I just bought a 2007 prius spirit and looking to update sat nav. Can someone please guide me as to how to get the DVD 

Hi, welcome to TOC.

Probably the easiest/cheapest option will be eBay. Chances are that if it is new & cheap it will probably be a counterfeit rather than official Toyota but it will probably also work. 

48 minutes ago, Abubaker said:

I just bought a 2007 prius spirit and looking to update sat nav. Can someone please guide me as to how to get the DVD 

Official method HERE