Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previa 2006 - Lack Of Power 3000 Rpm

chuffer

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Previa and has just picked up a fault where you get to 3000 rpm and it feels like someone just turns off the power. No fault lights, but I can hear a high pitch whistle. The manifold Intake pressure goes from 9PSI to 2 PSI and never gets above that. I can go for 15 miles in fourth gear and the revs never get above 3400, it like having a limiter turned on. If I go into fifth gear the PSI goes up to 9 and the acceleration returns due to the lower revs. I have had the EGR and MFG? replaced last year. Toyota said it could be down to a non Toyota fuel filter, but I haven't had one of those for years. There are no faults on the computer and now two garages are scratching their heads. I've run through a bottle of Redex but that hasn't made any difference. One garage says it could be the fuel pump £1200 and another the turbo which is just expensive. I just don't want to go down the expensive route if their is a known easy cure.

I'm not a mechanic but I do have a Garmin sat nav that can link into the car computer, hence the figures.

Help me save my dosh!!!!

• 3 weeks later...