Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unable To Change From 3rd To 2nd - Possible Gate/gear Problem?

RS6484

Hi folks, anyone come across this.

Travelling on holiday recently I tried to change from 3rd to 2nd and could not get across the gate to the left. My RAV is a manual d4d crossover, is a 2014 model bought in March this year and has 1700 miles on the clock. I could change up (downwards) to 4th and across the gate (to the right) for 5th and 6th.

Eventually after much struggling to pull away in 3rd for ten miles or so - I had no choice as we were travelling to the airport to fly on holiday - I managed to get across the gate again and into a very rough / notchy 1st and 2nd. Whilst I was away, the local dealer near the airport arranged for the AA to recover the car for them to check - but the AA simply arrived, drove the car (in my absence) and said there was no problem. I can't blame the airport dealer, they wanted to help and put a lot of effort into doing so but appeared to have been misled by the AA who claimed to have plugged in their diagnostics and looked for faults and fixed the problem. Their paperwork says that only a test drive was performed and the car functioned properly.

We drove home safely today and my own local dealer is going to look at the car next week (when I have time) but they had it in a month ago when I complained of vibration and uncomfortable gear changes which had not been on my previous car - Identical in every way - I always change annually and was very happy with my old one which was a 2014 model with no issues whatsoever.

Sorry for the long post but any thoughts would be appreciated.