Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's The Best Mpg You Have Ever Got From Your Diesel?

itaa

for the 2003-2008 model when driving on motorway at the legal 60/70mph?

which engine, 2.0 or 2.2?

On my 2007 2.2 Tourer on a mostly motorway journey I have done 57mpg door to door probably averaging the speed limit ... ;)

My 1.4 averages 57 constantly (Auris Tourer)

I have recently done my wheel alignment because I was not happy with tyres lasting only 10,000 miles on the front. It coasts a lot better now.

I have stripped & greased all brakes sliders/guides with silicon grease.

I run all tyres at 40 psi otherwise the sides wear out way before the centre.

When i first got it I was getting 48 mpg combined, I now get 62 mpg combined! I have changed my driving style, but removing the air con compressor was well worth it!!

Phill

• Like 1

Replied to wrong thread

I have had a best of 59mpg out of my 2.0 D4D T3S Estate..... mixed motorway, A road, between Northampton and Scotland.

It can vary between a worst 39 odd mpg into a very bad headwind driving down the M74/M6.... to the best of 59mpg, with quite a few tanks at mid 50's..... and equally as many in the high 40's... depending on traffic and weather.

When compared to my 1.4 CVT Jazz, it's no contest... Avensis wins absolutely no problem at all.... more comfort, more speed, higher average mph and far better average mpg.... wish I had bought it sooner.

Mind you, I do tend to use Shell V-Power diesel.

This was my best so far. No Motorways, just secondary roads, and top speed of 50 mph

post-146329-0-28097200-1435483884_thumb.

I have had a best of 59mpg out of my 2.0 D4D T3S Estate..... mixed motorway, A road, between Northampton and Scotland.

It can vary between a worst 39 odd mpg into a very bad headwind driving down the M74/M6.... to the best of 59mpg, with quite a few tanks at mid 50's..... and equally as many in the high 40's... depending on traffic and weather.

When compared to my 1.4 CVT Jazz, it's no contest... Avensis wins absolutely no problem at all.... more comfort, more speed, higher average mph and far better average mpg.... wish I had bought it sooner.

Mind you, I do tend to use Shell V-Power diesel.

I have jazz as well and looking to switch to avensis :D

I have lpg converted mine jazz so it costs still less than avensis to run, will be a shocker to get higher fuel bills now :(

My computer is usually around 4mpg out, but can be as little as less than 2mpg out, on the generous side of the real figure...

I think it was showing over 60 when I had the 59mpg....

The Jazz was equally over generous in its consumption indications...... but it wasn't really designed to be driven at motorway speeds for hours on end.... although capable enough, it was noisy and not so comfortable.

Having just done the cruise control retrofit to the Avensis I will be trying out on route to Northampton today.... I wonder if it will show an improvement in mpg or not.... I am not sure it will, but then it might encourage me to drive more within "acceptable" limits....

Will let you know!

honestly it feels dangerous driving the jazz over 80mph :D and the consumption over 70mph gets terrible as well, however driving at 55-60mph it gets me 60mpg which is impressive for a petrol engine.

Running it on lpg costs me 6.5pounds to do 100miles,

Probably avensis would cost ~11pounds to do 100miles

Thats a damn huuge difference...

Only want to swap to get more space inside to transport more stuff, but having looked at few avensis the only difference is that avensis has got about 45cm longer inside when seats are folded down 1.6m vs 2m and it doesnt feels as nippy and easy to park as jazz so not even sure if its worth to swap :(

62mpg+ Berkshire <=> Scottish Highlands, some mileage up there also. Aircon on maybe 50% of time.

Suspect if I tried I could better that.

2014 2.0 noticeably better than 2008 2.2.

Computer figure checks pretty much with alternative method of calculating.

I was excited to see 57mpg recorded on my trip computer for the tankful only to be disappointed to find it was 50.5mpg real. In other words, just over 600 miles on a tankful.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my grans who lives in Stafford today a 370 mile round trip from my house, thought it a good chance to do an mpg run. I set the cruise control to 60mph all the way there and back with some 50mph average speed and a small bit of city driving thrown in.

Up to Wetherby services I was at 85mpg. Eventually getting home it went down to 75mpg.

Not running my tuning box anymore so I'm guessing the figures are accurate I've only used just over a quarter of a tank there and back.

I know the 2.2's get slated on here but I really think I've got a good one, really love this car it just eats the miles!

Anyone ever had similar figures?

11752520_10152860756632680_6755602474194