Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Doesn't Lock The Doors.

Nomi2015

Hi

I have a Aygo Ice 2012 and I only have 1 key which is the remote one.

Problem is that only the remote locking button locks the car doors. Using the key for locking the doors only locks the drivers door not all the doors. Is this normal the manual is a bit confusing as it says if you have "power door locks" it should lock all doors surely I have that? A bit worrying as say if I lose the remote key then the other normal key without remote won't be able to lock the car doors!

Not clear how many keys you have.

Do you have one remote key only, or do you have two keys, one of which is the remote??

Not clear how many keys you have.

Do you have one remote key only, or do you have two keys, one of which is the remote??

One remote key only.

In recent years Toyotas have been supplied with two keys, and if the car has central locking both would be remote keys. Have you recently bought the car? If so you should have been supplied with two keys.

A Toyota dealer can supply and programme a new key for you, but it will be fairly expensive. Another alternative would be to approach a good autolocksmith to supply and programme a new key.

Aygo only comes with two keys and if fitted with remote locking one is a remote key the other a standard non remote type

It came with two keys one remote and other normal key but last owner lost the normal key.

The point is though say if I only had the normal key how am I supposed to lock the car? Because remember the normal key only locks the drivers door so anyone can just open the rear passenger doors because it's a 5 door.

If, when the key is inserted into the driver's door lock and turned towards the front of the car, only the driver's door locks, or if turned towards the rear of the car only the driver's door unlocks, I would suggest you may have a problem with the power locking.

Although it is a hypothetical question as you only have the remote key - if you only had the non-remote key you could lock/unlock the doors by using the appropriate inside door lock buttons either before you exit the vehicle in the case of locking, or having once entered the vehicle via the driver's door in the case of unlocking.

This is how people often used to lock/unlock cars before the popularity of central/power locking

As you only have one key, it would be prudent to purchase a second key - either another remote or a non-remote.

As well as getting a second key, you should be able to have the 'original' non-remote key removed from the car's security system to prevent that key being used on your car - just in case the previous owner hasn't lost the key ......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links