Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Auris Facelift - Uk Prices And Specifications

FROSTYBALLS

Icon seems similarly priced as current(old) model, but the Excel is £1000 more!?!

Prices seldom stand still - the range starts from £15245, which is £300 more .....

Ohh... a 1.2T engine - I seem to have missed that completely. Is this a new Toyota unit or an OEM? What's the spec?

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Nice! Completely passed me by. It's a little behind the curve compared to other manufacturers. But that flat torque delivery from 1500 to 4000 rpm should make for a very flexible experience. And over 150Nm/litre is diesel territory. Impressive!

Any reviews yet? I saw they had a press conference yesterday so I guess reviews should be coming soon.

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

I'm disappointed by the styling of the new Auris, it looks very bland and nondescript compared to the current version. Which itself isn't going to give Maserati owners sleepless nights, but is at least distinctive!

Can't see much of an improvement to the interior either; looks more to be change for the sake of change rather than any material improvement. Example: replacing the heater knobs with buttons... Why bother? They could have done away with that 1980s VFD clock, too!

The new engines should be a big improvement, though. Particularly if this next Auris gets the next-gen Prius drivetrain when it becomes available.

Doubt whether the hybrid drivetrain in the current Auris will be replaced by that of the next generation Prius. This facelift seems to be the mid-life facelift for the Auris, and by the time the next generation Prius hits the UK in 2016, the Auris may have less than two years production life in its present form (don't forget the current Auris is a re-work of the 2007 model and carried forward its Type Approval from 2007).

I have just read a review by Auto Express,3 stars out of 5 thats for the 1.2 petrol engine.

They said its a good engine between the 1500 and 4000 rev range,if it drops out of that then some nifty work with the gear stick will be needed.

I'd be a bit leary of Toyota's claims for the 1.2T engine. I haven't seen the torque / bhp performance chart, only the claimed figures in that link Frosters gave and that's probably dyno only testing, actual road conditions may give different results. It's using the Atkinson principle some of the time by varying the valve timing on the compression stroke and this robs the engine of torque. I've seen the VW Tiguans on the road with their 1.4 TSI engine and they're on their hands and knees pulling away from roundabouts and steep hills etc.