Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Master Cylinder Reservoir

RT115

Hello All,

I haven't been around this board in quite a while, so long that I was unable to login and had to create a new account. No idea where it sen the lost password e-mail as I've had the same account for 15 years!

Anyway, one of the break master cylinder reservoir's on my 1977 RT115 has a crack and is leaking break fluid. This was probably caused by over-tightening the nut that holds it to the master cylinder. Anyway the only way I've found a replacement is to buy a new master cylinder, which I just can't do financially, especially when the darned thing is working just fine.

So..... Anyone have any ideas? I've thought of some kind of sealant but I can't imagine anything that would stand up to the break fluid. I'm open to all suggestions...... getting real tired of filling it every day!

Thanks,

Craig

Well, over 90 views so it looks like there is some life on this forum..... Have continued my research and from a Fiat forum I have learned of a Goop product called Seal-All which is advertised as gas and oil resistant. Break fluid is much more caustic than gas or oil, but it is reported on the Fiat forum that it is also Dot-3 and Dot-4 tolerant.

I'm going to pick up some of this today and hope to use it this weekend. I'll report back with results. If initially successful, will again report in 6 months or so........ Hopefully this will lead to something.

Thanks,

Craig

Well guys, I'm sorry, but I have nothing to report. Once again life got in the way and I was unable to give any attention to the poor old gal. She continues to sit collecting dirt and tree sap. Will try again this weekend. Someone needs to buy this thing, she deserves better than this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links