Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Tyres

Simon_T

Dear fellow Prius owners

I'm in the unfortunate position of having to change my 2008 Prius for a newer model solely because of back problems and the need for a driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support. It means that I have a set of 4 Continental ContiWinter 195/55 R16 tyres that are of no use on the newer Prius and am wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing them at a bargain price! They have only been used from September 2014 to April 2015 and obviously have plenty of life left in them. Since they cost around £400, I'm not keen for them to simply go for recycling, so any reasonable offer would be considered & I'd be happy to meet someone part way (I live in Leyburn in North Yorkshire).

Kind regards

Simon Tate

Moved to the For Sale section.

Indicative price??

Is it just the tyres or wheels also? To be honest winter tyres are were about £45-50 a corner new when I last checked (although this is 15's and not 16's I'm referring to).

Dear All

I'm holding fire on selling the tyres until I've tried a back support I've just stumbled on ('Backfriend' - sounds promising!) whilst trying to hunt down a car with good lumbar support. Loath to get rid of my Prius as it really is just the driver's seat that's causing me problems......will keep you posted & thanks for your interest. At least I know that if I do get rid of it, then I should be able to recoup at least some of the cost of the winter tyres. Hopefully no one is going to be needing them within the next few months anyway!

I hope the Backfriend works for you - certainly a lot cheaper than swapping cars.

Probably more demand for snow tyres in a few months anyway

I hope the Backfriend works for you - certainly a lot cheaper than swapping cars.

Probably more demand for snow tyres in a few months anyway

Just to be picky, they're winter tyres, not specifically snow tyres ;)