Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plug In Car Grant To Be Replaced?

FROSTYBALLS

Wow! I'd heard people say the Outlander was doing well, but hadn't realised it was doing that well.

Nearly 5,300 sales in about 18 months Vs Leaf's 6,800 in 3½ years, and BMW i3 1500 in about 1½ years.

As they say, looks like the Outlander will be in front soon (so much for the car in front...)

It was only a matter of time before the grant changed. I'm also surprised at how well the Outlander PHEV seems to be selling though. I suppose if its meeting peoples needs then it'll sell.

Certain manufacturers are grabbing the government grants for themselves by adding it on to the price of the car, lessening the incentive for the customer. I think they should scrap the grant altogether and see what happens to the prices.

• Like 1

Given the likely economic group likely to purchase EVs, etc., it doesn't make sense to tax them, and then give money back to them minus administration costs. Why does a very mature industry - auto - require grants for new products?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links