Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirrorlink 1.0 To 1.1 Upgrade

mfraile

My phone has all the bluetooth options enabled for my car, but whether I'm connected to the car via USB or not, there is no Connections setting in my phone's Settings menu.

27 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

My phone has all the Bluetooth options enabled for my car, but whether I'm connected to the car via USB or not, there is no Connections setting in my phone's Settings menu.

Looking around on a few Android forum it appears your issue may be the Nexus 5 not actually supporting Mirrorlink, I have only ever used Samsung phones but my GS3, GS5 & GS7 but they all work/worked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

[...]

With X-Touch software version 0830 and solved in version 0840 (RC4)

 The message “Loading messagelist. Please wait…” remains displayed after replying using Quick Message. (Only with Android 4.4 equipped mobile phones)

 DAB sound quality deteriorates during high frequency sound playback. (unsupported CODEC)

 The Toyota product number disappears occasionally.

 MirrorLink low interrupt audio level.

 MirrorLink wording changes

 PS data or RadioText information not displayed correctly for special local characters. (e.g. Danish character “æ”, etc.)

Devon Aygo thanks for your information.

I have upgraded my Aygo system from version 0820 to version 0840 using the update file provided by Devon Aygo. The update was successful!

After upgrading, I noticed an improvement in Sygic's audio volume using Mirrorlink. Now I can hear Sygic's instructions even listening to an FM radio station, because with the 0820 version Sygic's audio volume was practically imperceptible and the instructions are not understood when I listen to a radio station.

Devon Aygo, thank you very much for sharing the 0840 update file.

• Like 1

I updated mine from 0820 to 0840 yesterday. No noticeable difference in my daily use, but nice to be up-to-date.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

I updated mine from 0820 to 0840 yesterday. No noticeable difference in my daily use, but nice to be up-to-date.

I noticed an improvement in the audio volume of the system. I have the original X-Nav (sat nav GPS) that came in the system. I had to set the audio volume of the X-NAV to a lower value because after updating the volume was very high. Prior to upgrade, the audio volume of the X-Nav was set to maximum.

have finally updated to latest 840 release, but still cant get miroor link to work with my Samsung S6.

i have a fully paid up version of Sygic navigator, but nothing shows up. when looking on my phone Sygic isnt even listed as a mirror link compatable APP???

Screenshot_20170509-144956.thumb.png.766860ae4e7be0c78720213fd5e12091.pngeven follwed Pytheas suggestions, and got the LG app to show, but then blank screen. think its time to stop dreaming that mirror link will work and just use my phone as an independant sat nav :-)

1 hour ago, mrrusty said:

have finally updated to latest 840 release, but still cant get miroor link to work with my Samsung S6.

i have a fully paid up version of Sygic navigator, but nothing shows up. when looking on my phone Sygic isnt even listed as a mirror link compatable APP???

mrrusty you must have purchased Sygic Navigation GPS and not Sygic Car Navigation. To work with Mirrorlink, you need to have Sygic Car Navigation installed and purchase the optional Car Connection.

I do not know if in the Sygic store of your application, there is the optional Car connection for purchase. Access the Sygic store through the Sygic Navigation application installed on your S6.

I noticed this morning that mine still doesn't display special characters. E.g. appétit displayed as appétit.

Some updates on the topic: I took some time today, while commuting to work, to update from 0830 to 0840 (thanks to @Devon Aygo for the resources). The process was smooth and I got to test the new version before even reaching the office (thanks to the heavy traffic).

The good thing: The operation of the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A3 2016) through the head unit's touch screen feels much more responsive now; the lag seems to have been improved.

The bad thing: I keep receiving a message like "The display of this application is not allowed" (I have the language set to Greek so the translation is not accurate) everytime I try to open an app from the smartphone. I need to go back to the Apps, open RockScout, exit it and then try again to open the LG Drive app (all through the car's touch screen) - in some cases, where this didn't work, I had to unplug the phone (remove the USB cable) and then reconnect it (go through the Mirrorlink connection process). In the end I managed to open Here Maps and enjoy a nice navigation session :-)

I knew that they would try to limit somehow the functionality of displaying third party apps through the head unit's display (in the name of safety reasons) but it seems that the workaround is still working (despite the display of this annoying message). 

• 2 weeks later...

yes you definitley need the car navigation version of sygic. downloaded the demo and it works on the head unit ok.

not sure i really like the mapping on this version, so will stick to my non car version of Sygic!!! even though it works in a car LOL.

just need to buy a decent phone holder now to use :-)

thanks for the help everyone.

• 1 month later...

Devon Aygo,

I bet your sick of this thread?

When I check my software version I see the following

SysComV-Up 705

SysComMain 810

So, I imagine this was a 705 unit upgraded to 810 and more importantly that I'm OK following the already on 810 upgrade path?

So I have the selft extractor from your post of 3rd May 2017 - 13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip - but I see no instructions and assume these were in the outdated link in thread 174573, would I just place the files in the root of a USB and upgrade from the system screen.

Hope to hear!

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi guys.

What's the update on this?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Aygo X-Cite with the X-Touch.

I've connected and opened Mirrorlink, but it is blank. I'm guessing it isn't finding any supported apps.

What are my options? I want to use Google Maps. That is basically all i want. I have a phone mount, but i honestly don't want to put it on my window in my new car.

Hi Jamie, welcome to TOC :smile:

Afaik Google Maps is not a Mirrorlink Approved app. I think that Sygic & Coyote have approved versions (but are not free).

Thanks for the response.

I've actually found an update on the web for the x-touch. Now it finally detects some apps at least. 

I'm hoping there is some alternative out there to allow me to use Google Maps while driving. And even Amazon music

No solution to connect AndroidAuto to it either?

Android Auto is not a Mirrorlink approved app ...

i can vouch that Sygic "car Navigation" works. you can download it free for a week to try. the voice navigation part is free for a week the rest will still work afterwards.

biggest issue for me is syncing the x-touch to the phone is a real pain and has to be done everytime you switch of the engine. its not an automatic setup.

then the USB port does not supply enough power to run the phone on gps and charge it.

i have gone back to a phone cradle on the window

Mirrorlink has turned out to be such a waste of a feature.

Totally agree, it’s almost false advertising. I was really disappointed with mirror link as they gave me the impression that everything on my phone screen would appear on the cars touch screen. 

14 minutes ago, Martin1973 said:

Totally agree, it’s almost false advertising. I was really disappointed with mirror link as they gave me the impression that everything on my phone screen would appear on the cars touch screen. 

thing is that neither Google (Android) nor Apple (Carplay) want that - they want cars to use their systems.

I’d thought it more the car dealer doesn’t want it as they can then sell their overpriced Sat Nav systems. 

16 minutes ago, Martin1973 said:

I’d thought it more the car dealer doesn’t want it as they can then sell their overpriced Sat Nav systems. 

it doesn't matter to a dealer whether a car's incar system uses Android Auto, CarPlay or a more proprietary operating system. It matters to  Apple & Google though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Can someone send me the update file 13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip. Thank you.

On 07/04/2018 at 2:05 PM, chippa2k said:

Hello, Can someone send me the update file 13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip. Thank you.

I also want the update file. Thanks!

I'm not sure where I am going wrong but I don't seem to be able to get into the service menu on the screen.

Just to check that I am doing it correctly,  I turn the ignition on & the unit comes on, I then press & hold in lower control button on the unit whilst turning headlamps on & off 3 times.

Ive tried this & the unit just starts up as normal & plays music, could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links