Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding Genuine Front Fog Lights - Trouble With Wiring

Totally Tech IT

Hey Guys,

I've got a 2008 Avensis and I've bought a brand new genuine front fog light to fit.

The wiring instructions aren't completely clear.

These are the instructions: HERE

The section I'm stuck on is 55RHD (page 36) which is removing a large multi plug (6) and removing the wire from pin 6 and adding in to a new plug so that I can join it in to the new loom.

2njdcvo.jpg

I cannot find the large multi plug (6) for the life of me - I've checked all the plugs under the dashboard area in that footwell and I can find a load of multiplugs but none that match the look of that....

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Is there a clearer image of the location etc?

This is the wiring location guide for me running the new loom but when I use that to look for the multiplug there isnt one in that location - they are on the otherside of the steering wheel

2wnuyl3.jpg

If it helps it says the signal is BFG and its a red and yellow wire, but I can't see it anywhere :(

What does bfg mean? maybe I can trace the wire?

You really need a spark to help you with this mate and that's certainly not me. Get two wires and a Battery and you could keep me at bay for hours.

However, BFG seems to refer to Fog Lights

post-140480-0-96454700-1435682204_thumb.

ah ha,

I've just managed to do it, I didn't realise the cable I was looking for was in the steering column cowling!

The only problem is now my remote central locking doesn't work... I'll start a new thread :)

I have a genuine fog light kit waiting to go one on a t2 I have, I might need your help in a few days/weeks.

No worries. It was quite straight forward. The hardest but was finding the last plug and I've obviously knocked or blown something as my remotes aren't working :/

Ask anything you need. I wish I'd have taken photos really but I assumed it would be straightforward as i had the manual lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links