Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Roof Bars

Tron Tachyon

I was a bit worried when I noticed that the space between roof bars is fixed to only 75cm. I am a kayak'er, and prefer a bit more space between bars, for stability when transporting - at least 80cm :)

On the new avensis, the bars is attached to a couple of fixed mounts, available underneath the large covers illustrated here below.

I did notice, however, some smaller covers in each end - does anyone know what they are for? (Please someone tell me that they are for mounting roof bars as well - so I don't have to worry, and can buy the new Avensis with peace of mind :D)

19114429990_b6ce285593_z.jpg

18681475253_79e61fd30b_z.jpg

I'm afraid the bars only fit in the one place! the other small caps only cover the rail fixing. I am a windsurfer and have the same trouble re bar distance and loading my boards, not a very good idea for a large load lugger estate!!!! You could look at getting saloon bars that fit over the doors,looking at mine they look as if they would give a slightly wider fitting over the estate bars.

The other thing you could try is making up a support bar/fixing for the rearmost small cap.

Mmmm, would be ok for a boat although expensive. No good for boards tho', does not really change the fact that the rails are a poor design and not properly thought out for longer loads. Good luck with it.

Agree. I've read somewhere that Toyota wants to bring the average buyer age down (from 56y or so), and not supporting watersport gear does not help :)

Just been in Contact with Thule - This product is not available in Europe.

It does not seem to be an option to add additional saloon bars, as there is almost no gap in the rear (dorless) windows).

I am really surprised by this lack of possibilities for such a car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links